Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I think everyone goes through that stage of "No, this can't be what they want you do to. No it can't loving be..." on that map puzzle. Either that or "I can't solve this." *puts DS down in sleep mode, opens it an hour or day later* "Wait, what? GOD loving DAMNIT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alkydere posted:

I think everyone goes through that stage of "No, this can't be what they want you do to. No it can't loving be..." on that map puzzle. Either that or "I can't solve this." *puts DS down in sleep mode, opens it an hour or day later* "Wait, what? GOD loving DAMNIT!"

I didn't because I played Trace Memory, a visual novel-style game that had this exact puzzle. Another one I quite enjoyed put some lines on the top screen, some on the bottom, and you had to close the DS just enough to reflect one screen off the other and read the result.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I absolutely quit while trying to figure out the 'close DS' to solve puzzle part of the game and only managed to figure it out because in my middle-schooler fury I'd failed to actually turn my DS off and opened it only to discover that I'd actually managed to solve it. Which was great for me, because I was borrowing it from a friend and as much as we enjoyed talking with each other none of us really trusted each other to keep track of each other's stuff to our own standards.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We reach the Temple of Courage in time for Yoshi to reach Minnesota, and there may be another hiatus until he's fully situated there and able to record again.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Phantom Hourglass

Hiatus averted! Yoshi and I recorded more yesterday and will do more tomorrow, so we're all good. For now, enjoy the plot ever thickening and Linebeck ever patheticing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do an Everyone is Here! of Zelda and put Jolene in Hyrule Warriors 2.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dang, you found two pieces to my favorite ship so early. I think they assign a rarity to each set randomly with each playthrough to encourage trading and that one ended up being super rare every time I tackled the game.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Much as I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, I think this LP has really hit upon the biggest flaw it has. There's nothing truly memorable about it other than the repeated trips through the Temple of the Ocean King. It's a fun experience and then you just kind of forget about it until you play/watch it again. It isn't terrible, but it's still not nearly as good as any of the rest of the series (not including The Trilogy That Does Not Exist, of course.) At least Thorn and Yoshi are making it enjoyable, though. :)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

SorataYuy posted:

Much as I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, I think this LP has really hit upon the biggest flaw it has. There's nothing truly memorable about it other than the repeated trips through the Temple of the Ocean King. It's a fun experience and then you just kind of forget about it until you play/watch it again. It isn't terrible, but it's still not nearly as good as any of the rest of the series (not including The Trilogy That Does Not Exist, of course.) At least Thorn and Yoshi are making it enjoyable, though. :)

It's better than spirit tracks. But both games have fun, but sort of short dungeons.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We've finally reached the Ghost Ship, so it's time to save Tetra! There's no way this can get complicated.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't really say much about the new video since I haven't actually played the game in over a decade so I've got a bunch of dumb nostalgia for it that doesn't help at all.

How's Spirit Tracks going?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
It's updating on time as well. For those who don't know, Spirit Tracks is also happening at the same time, but for my Patreon patrons first. It'll start going public and be posted here approx August 29. Both it and Phantom Hourglass ended up being the same length too- 22 parts. Also worth mentioning that I'm planning to start doing Twilight Princess HD alongside Spirit Tracks going public, but that will of course be its own thread.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's cool that the ghostship ended on the exact halfway point of the LP then.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Is Majora's Mask 3D going to end up in this thread too, since it's a portable and is just different enough (okay it's a lot different) from the original to be a new experience?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
If I do decide I want to LP it, yeah. It and OoT 3D Master Quest, but that one will be a casual streamed thing like Hyrule Warriors.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I half expected the treasure chest after the boss to be "You got Tetra!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Commander Keene posted:

Forget the Triforce, we've got the Tetraforce! What, you don't see the force bit?

*drops her on enemies*

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

Bruceski posted:

Forget the Triforce, we've got the Tetraforce! What, you don't see the force bit?

*drops her on enemies*

If you tie her to a sword hilt, does that make a Four Sword?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Truthkeeper posted:

If you tie her to a sword hilt, does that make a Four Sword?

More like a Tetraflail, I think?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Stone Tetra for Hyrule Warriors 2!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ball an chain but its stone tetra and chain

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

He deserves the scraps of love he gets.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

*Link attacks an electrified Chu* Still haven't learned! xD

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

While the Temple of the Ocean King wasn't a good idea to begin with, this is as bad as it gets.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ThornBrain posted:

The fishing game is worse than this video describes. First of all, the game is lying when it describes the controls, saying that you pull the rod back by "sliding down on the screen away from the fish" which makes it sound like you need to be making a bunch of downward swipes. You actually only need to swipe once to hook the fish, then hold the stylus still on the bottom half of the screen when you're not reeling it in.

The actual procedure for getting the heart container is more complicated than "get one of each fish". You have to:
1. Get one of each of the 3 initial fish (the stowfish isn't required, it just gets a bonus ship part). (RNG!)
2. Return to the fisherman who upgrades your lure which unlocks the 2nd biggest fish.
3. Catch one of those rare 2nd biggest fish. (RNG!!!!!)
4. Return to the fisherman again which unlocks a second type of fish shadow that takes longer to refresh after each attempt.
5. Fish at the new shadow and catch a rarer biggest fish that's only looks slightly bigger and is a different color. (RNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This new quadrant is for making PizzaJoe rich and making me lament the passing of time.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Those enemies look more like Woobat than Sigilyph.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ThornBrain posted:

Definitely thought she had a giant duck bill going into this video.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 8, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, it's kinda clever of Beedle to have an alter-ego that doesn't take coupons or store credit. With all of those expensive items that people have to pay full price for, he's totally getting himself back into the black with those.

Chimera-gui posted:

Those enemies look more like Woobat than Sigilyph.

I was thinking of Magnemite at first before he said Black and White.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ThornBrain posted:

This new quadrant is for making PizzaJoe rich and making me lament the passing of time.

Oh, I think you guys misunderstood the menu button puzzle! They weren't talking about the start button on the DS, they meant the menu touch screen button in Phantom Hourglass. That's why you dug in the lower right corner of the DS touch screen to solve it!

Also since I apparently love nerding up your LP threads with math poo poo, that drawing the Triforce puzzle is a fun example of finding an Eulerian trail in a graph! :eng101:

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 9, 2019

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Those eyeball monsters make me kind of think of the old Patras, from the very first game in the series.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Rollin' up with my new brothers

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I think this is rrrrrrroughly? where I decided Phantom Hourglass wasn't really worth playing and gave up on it. Might've been that last trip into the Temple of the Ocean King, but either way, I didn't make it past this point.

Edit: Meant to comment on it last video and forgot; I find it interesting though, that they adapted more Zelda creatures to Wind Waker style for this that weren't actually in Wind Waker, such as the hinoxes you've been fighting in the goron dungeon.

Edit edit: And dodongos. You know, I really wanted to like this game, as a sequel to Wind Waker and all. I just hate actually playing it.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 15, 2019

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We have some new favorite idiots.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I wonder if the reason the Yook don't show up in Spirit Tracks is because Link KILLED THEM ALL.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

For however mediocre the rest of Phantom Hourglass is, it's version of the Grappling Hook is probably one of the most solid Zelda weapons/puzzle tools ever. It's probably why the salvage arm is it's own thing as the designers probably realized the grappling hook had a thousand and one uses already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The grappling Hook was absolutely my favorite weapon in this game, even despite the fact that you can't power it up with the fairies.

They should put another Link in Smash that uses all the items instead of the Master Sword. Give us another Toon Link as a Simon echo.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I wish the grappling hook was in Breath of the Wild

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Miz Kriss posted:

I wish the grappling hook was in Breath of the Wild

Here's hoping for BotW2

No, seriously, I think a grappling hook of some kind would have fit BotW's gameplay real well.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
That truth/lie puzzle was a fun one! I was jotting it down while I watched the video. The fact that Gumo said either Fofo or Aroo was a liar really threw a wrench in it which took me a bit to figure out!