Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ThornBrain posted:

He deserves the scraps of love he gets.

Definitely thought she had a giant duck bill going into this video.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ThornBrain posted:

This new quadrant is for making PizzaJoe rich and making me lament the passing of time.

Oh, I think you guys misunderstood the menu button puzzle! They weren't talking about the start button on the DS, they meant the menu touch screen button in Phantom Hourglass. That's why you dug in the lower right corner of the DS touch screen to solve it!

Also since I apparently love nerding up your LP threads with math poo poo, that drawing the Triforce puzzle is a fun example of finding an Eulerian trail in a graph! :eng101:

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 9, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
That truth/lie puzzle was a fun one! I was jotting it down while I watched the video. The fact that Gumo said either Fofo or Aroo was a liar really threw a wrench in it which took me a bit to figure out!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm really glad Linebeck got to be a hero at the end!

KieranWalker posted:

Regarding the end of Phantom Hourglass, I think the game itself took place in the greater world Hyrule was (flooded to death) in*, but Bellum dragged them into some kind of pocket dimension with the Ocean King's power or something during the final boss fight. Mainly because of Linebeck sailing away during the ending, partly because Ciela implies it's just the spirits and the Ocean King that need to return to "their world," and also because the game doesn't make any god damned sense otherwise. With a sprinkling of "I hate 'it was all just a dream, ooooOOoooOOOOOOOoooo~' plots."

As for Spirit Tracks, I haven't played or seen a single minute of it before now, as Phantom Hourglass put me off to the idea of ever playing it. So uh, I guess we'll see.

*Obviously they are not in the Great Sea, but allowing for the possibility that Hyrule is/was not the only land or kingdom on the face of the planet.

Yeah I'm very confused by this. The fact that they were only gone 10 minutes would imply that the whole game after they boarded the ghost ship was in this other world, but then the fact that Linebeck shows up with his ship in Hyrule lends some credence to your theory since dumping him in some alternate reality seems uh, cruel?

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 4, 2019