Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

C-Euro posted:

Oh my God they're called Gasha seeds because the trees spit out gatcha capsules gently caress

I have played through both of these games about 4 times and I only realized that was the pun when Thorn actually said the name out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Torrannor posted:

I just had a thought: We're so old :(

Kids growing up with Google probably can't imagine being stuck on a puzzle in games like this.

I remember being unable to progress in Final Fantasy Adventure (Mystic Quest in Europe), because I didn't understand what "follow the 8 by the palm trees" meant. I had to call my cousin a week later to get it.

I actually legit got stuck a couple of times in Link's Awakening, and I was lucky to find an older kid at my elementary school's playground who could give me the solution to the puzzle. The answer, incidentally, was to throw a pot at the sealed door, in the one and only time in the game where that worked.

In hindsight it reminds me a little of the one room in Ocarina of Time Master Quest where the puzzle solution is to hit a chest with your sword.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

And the double bonus joke is that the Cane of Pacci got way more use in Minish cap than the other two canes ever did in their own appearances.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I actually liked the water dungeon in Twilight Princess. Something about it really clicked for me, and I managed to really get the layout of the dungeon and how the various water paths worked together.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Carbon dioxide posted:

And now's the third bit, you seem to believe you have to play the entirety of Ages again to use the secrets, while all you need to do is just load your existing save, tell your secret to the person, you get some special item or upgrade there, you take that to Farore in the tree who gives you another secret, which you use in Seasons, and you have the item you just unlocked in the current playthrough of Seasons. It's only like 5 minutes work.

Popped in to say this as well. The Secret rewards are easily the best things about a linked game, and it's too bad you aren't showing them off. You don't need to replay Ages, in fact you aren't meant to. You're pretty explicitly meant to open up your clear save of Ages, give the secret, and then carry it forward to Seasons.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I suspect the Pegasus Seeds work because of Greek Mythology references. In some myths Pegasus was born from Medusa after she was decapitated by Perseus, and the Pegasus in general is associated with him, ergo Pegasus seeds stun the Gorgon and let you hyper decapitate her or something.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Serifina posted:

I just wish things flowed from the Onox fight to the Ganon fight better. It feels very abrupt and rushed.

If you had gone the other way link-wise you'd probably feel the same thing about the flow from killing Veran to fighting Ganon. It's probably a side effect of letting you link in either direction.

Silegna posted:

On the spin attack on hurting Ganon/Onox, if you did the secret to get the Master Sword, it could hurt them normally, fittingly enough.

Fighting Ganon with the Master Sword and the Red Ring doing Spin Attacks feels kind of like cheating, he goes down FAST.

Meanwhile if you have the wooden sword I believe I read once it takes some 50 spin attacks to put him down without a ring.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I see Thornbrain completed his trading sequence and upgraded to LP Thread level 2. I still cannot imagine playing with a Sword on B Button BTW.

As for Link's Awakening I completed it twice because I had two cartridges because my parents bought it for me not knowing I already had the game. That was about the point where they just started taking me to the store to buy the video games I wanted for my birthday.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Microcline posted:

I mean it's good to have options

I hate this comment and I love it.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I wonder if the reason the Yook don't show up in Spirit Tracks is because Link KILLED THEM ALL.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Miz Kriss posted:

I wish the grappling hook was in Breath of the Wild

Here's hoping for BotW2

No, seriously, I think a grappling hook of some kind would have fit BotW's gameplay real well.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

RareAcumen posted:

Didn't they upload two episodes of Spirit Tracks early? I can't find them.

I know Spirit Tracks is up on the Patreon, and I think mostly done, but to us goonish non-patrons it is locked behind the gate of time.