Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ThornBrain posted:

The Southwest Quadrant is clear of evil for now, so let's explore it and try out a frustrating minigame!

This is a good example of how far ahead we record videos. We did this in January and talk about Pikmin 3 before Yoshi ever started it, but as of posting this, we have only two parts before that LP is complete.

I regularly get around 3000 on that game, you just need to keep aiming at the closest target and tap them as fast as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ThornBrain posted:

He deserves the scraps of love he gets.

The fishing game is worse than this video describes. First of all, the game is lying when it describes the controls, saying that you pull the rod back by "sliding down on the screen away from the fish" which makes it sound like you need to be making a bunch of downward swipes. You actually only need to swipe once to hook the fish, then hold the stylus still on the bottom half of the screen when you're not reeling it in.

The actual procedure for getting the heart container is more complicated than "get one of each fish". You have to:
1. Get one of each of the 3 initial fish (the stowfish isn't required, it just gets a bonus ship part). (RNG!)
2. Return to the fisherman who upgrades your lure which unlocks the 2nd biggest fish.
3. Catch one of those rare 2nd biggest fish. (RNG!!!!!)
4. Return to the fisherman again which unlocks a second type of fish shadow that takes longer to refresh after each attempt.
5. Fish at the new shadow and catch a rarer biggest fish that's only looks slightly bigger and is a different color. (RNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ThornBrain posted:

Time for Spirit Tracks to properly Spirit Track!

I'm pretty sure you just run from the bees and they eventually go away.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I remember now, the exact moment I quit when I tried to replay it :sweatdrop:

Something about combating armored tracking enemies on the predefined tracks took it from being a bad overworld idea to just not being something I wanted to deal with. A shame, because I like the dual-screen map and (like I'd remembered) the overall dungeoning seems like a step up with some fun ideas that I'd like to see again in newer games.

It's nowhere near as hard as it looks in the video. All you have to do is make a big clockwise loop without slowing down and messing with the tracks like they did. The first train won't catch up in time, and the second one will be on one of the upper right paths when you get there so you just take the other path.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 30, 2019