Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The thing I remember most of playing this game on the GBA was that the fairy trio looked to me like some kinda weirdo potato pixies. I couldn't interpret their sprites (heh) the intended way.

e: well and also a part later in the game but of course that's spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I personally enjoyed Seasons more. Of course I can't really say why because of spoilers, but I remember many more areas and things from there fondly than in Ages. But they're both enjoyable though each has their faults.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, about that boss. When it dies it falls down, and if you're below it you can get hurt. Dunno if it can actually kill you though.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the dancing minigames were the only ones I enjoyed in the Oracle games. Maybe I'm forgetting another fun (for me) one?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think what I liked most about the Oracle games is that you had linking games in the vein of pokemon and such, except in this case you had two different adventures rather than 'minor differences in where you find things'. In general I really hate the color-linking thing, but here it was alright.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a general 'bug' theme, not all bugs are insects after all.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

This kind of reminds me about the Stop-n-Swop stuff that was ultimately removed from Banjo Kazooie. IIRC you were going to get something in one game, then it would store stuff in the N64's RAM while you switched from one cart to the other and unlocked something in the second game. Not sure how far along they got with it other than storing models for the secrets in BK.

They managed to implement it in the XBox ports.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, I can respect a Link that just wants to watch the world burn.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MeccaPrime posted:

DISCLAIMER: Watching this video may cause permanent ear damage. By watching this video, you agree to the following terms.

WHAT?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Serifina posted:

While I'm enjoying the game and it looks like fun on the whole, the kinstones thing looks frankly awful. A billion characters to fuse with, with 99% of them giving meaningless rewards, does not look like fun to me.

I can totally imagine it being turned into some kind of street-pass type mechanic if this was on DS, which would have made it even more annoying.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember PizzaJoe, whatever happens, no matter what anyone tells you, never stab the Hourglass with a knife.

Not ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they made teleporting so situational so that you can't just go 'oops gonna crash into a demon train lets warp out', though a better fix would be doing a Back to the Future/Earthbound style thing with requiring you to reach and maintain a high speed for a bit before it zooms you away.