Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

They are on there, and there's no password simplification.
At least you're not dealing with the 10-page monster that the first two Golden Sun games required if you wanted to import everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

And the double bonus joke is that the Cane of Pacci got way more use in Minish cap than the other two canes ever did in their own appearances.
For all that Minish Cap was embarrassingly short, it got a lot of mileage out of that weapon. Who knew that you could do so much by channeling the elemental power of Flipping poo poo Upside Down?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Jade Rider posted:

I might be misremembering based on Link to the Past, but can you use the Cane of Somaria to mark out/follow the invisible path?
You could. I remember it showing up in GameFAQs guides when I first played these games as an impatient teenager. That said it's also not hard to just break out the pencil and paper, as the text box won't go away if you don't tell it to. (I recall doing the same for the Simon Says segments of SNES Madden games, which unlike this could get stupid complicated if you wanted 90+ in all stats.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

How many other games from this era had this fancy password linking? I can only think of the Oracle games and the first two Golden Sun games. (And in the case of the latter you could instead link them directly to avoid entering ten pages of passwords.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The second Lights Out puzzle can easily be solved by hitting the 2/4/6/8 spots (like on a keyboard number pad). The key to dealing with them is often to flip the "correct" lights exactly enough times to bring them back to that state, which you can do by hitting adjacent "incorrect" lights.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

When MeccaPrime spoke about how seagulls at the beach are not nearly as endearing as you'd expect, I laughed. Beach seagulls, especially those on the coast of the eastern US, are regarded with about as much infamy as flying rats. Sometimes the drat things even fly inland along rivers and establish habitats around humans to scavenge from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Have you read the Hyperion series? It's scifi, not magic or stuff. They're good novels with an interesting plot.
Well...the Hyperion Cantos was interesting right up to the point where he started writing a Weird and Unsubtle Religious Allegory. Then they were a convoluted mess that demonstrated how Dan Simmons was just a Christian layman woefully underequipped for the task.