Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I made a thing to get this party started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

Wow, Ralph is even worse when not in sprite form.

you misspelled the word "better"

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

ThornBrain posted:

DEEDLEEDEEDEE BEEPBADEEDEE DEEDLEEDEEDEE BEEPBADEEDEE DEEDLEEDEEDEE BEEPBADEEDEE DEEDLEEDEEDEE BEEPBADEEDEE

after recording this episode, I blacked out for a couple days and forgot who I was

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I tried to walk to the park and got lost navigating streets. Barely managed to find my way back home. I'm not leaving again until the music stops.

"you can't escape us! the music NEVER stops!!"

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Wait, you get the shield in Link's Awakening, and it defaults to B. Then you get the sword and it defaults to A. How are you not using the sword with A? You are both weird, ThornBrain and MeccaPrime, I'm judging you!

I just moved into my new house and finally got internet back up and running as of an hour ago; my first post after a week's hiatus is to come back and say you're so wrong and I will die on this hill.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Thadius posted:

Both games have a Good Item in them. The seed shooter is one, and I wish it got an upgrade like its counterpart in Seasons.

Then again, Seasons has its Good Item too.

Now if only we'd gotten a third game that allowed us to have both at the same time.

I think I know what item you're talking about and if I could long jump across an entire room and 360 noscope a seed right at a smug wizrobe's face in the same game, it would be worth all of the Crescent Island bullshit.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Torrannor posted:

edit2: Also, gently caress Tokay. Subrosians or bust!

at least we can find some common ground

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Ah that's too bad, cause the Age's one is specially masochistic towards the end and would have liked to see how you and mecca reacted to it.

Specially the 2nd to last puzzle, where you have to push a colored block around lava that you solidify for a short while. If the block falls to the lava you have to reset the whole thing, and if YOU fall to the lava you respawn on the teleport that sends you back a room. BIG. DICK MOVE.

I mean, if you really want to see the Ages Hero's Cave, I did it in my LP of the games, but you won't get Thorn's reaction. I will tell you, though, from commenting with him on this game, it would likely be one of high contempt while I picked on him (in jest) for being bad at an otherwise obtuse or tedious puzzle.

Also we would probably make more good bad jokes.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Any time you see people in the future talking about some kid doing stuff before Link's done it, just assume it was Ralph originally.

A fair assumption.. I'd buy it!

but boy did that guy sure love shouting nayru a lot...

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Both at the same time, then criss-cross.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

it's me

i'm the weirdo who likes the goron minigames

i think it's mostly because i really like gorons

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Ralph doesn't need you, he found the dungeon item on his own.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Smoke posted:

There's a slight mistake in the video: you can use the sword underwater if you set it to A. I'm actually going through Ages on my 3DS right now, just got past this dungeon into the next bit of plot, and beat the boss with the sword.

I also have it always set to A because of Link's Awakening defaulting it there.

yeah but playing with the sword on anything but the b slot is absolutely wrong

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

somaria just lost a little potency in his old age...

also, the cane discussion gives me a chance to post a webcomic that I like on this very topic (not mine)

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

I forgot how dumb that Minish Cap cane was what the hell were they thinking

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

ThornBrain posted:

Keep the seawaters clean. Use Great Fairy chlorine.

WARNING: Does not kill the Lost Woods Faries (sadly)

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

SatansOnion posted:

which may have something to do with my becoming such a fatass

A well-read, intelligent fatass!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Those electric enemies that split into two when hit. MeccaPrime always says that they're from Ocarina of Time, but they were in Link to the Past already, even if they were airborne and not underwater creatures.

I am turning in my nerd card at the nearest Gamestop.
i am a forgetful sot, lo siento

YggiDee posted:

I liked the Water Temple in both OoT and Majora's Mask but I'm pretty sure I have some kind of sickness.

I agree with you, here - we must have the same disease.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

before anyone goes correcting me :v: - the owl statue hint tells you which staircase to take, the solution is follow the flame that's directly behind you when you enter the room and it shows you which staircase to use

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

While you can transfer rings, I do find it more fun/challenging (such that these games are actually challenging) to not bring your OP rings with you to start a new game.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Torrannor posted:

That was some amazing Maple haul!

Anyway, Temple of Seasons coming up! I don't recall, do we meet Best Race when we go there this time?

All your dreams will come true!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

I think Capcom holds the IP rights to Subrosians. I know they have the rights to Veran and Onox.

Even their official art is awesome.

I'm totally down to have another Capcom Zelda game if it means more Subrosians.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

i had to lie down and cry a little bit after that last maple encounter

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

The Fist Ring deals even less damage than the Wooden Sword

THAT'S the one I was thinking of, thank you! I knew there was one that was basically terrible in every way.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

One of the punching rings, I meant... There are plenty of other terrible ones as well.

We all know that the most useful ring in the whole game is the secret Birdphone ring which transforms you into the mighty fabled warrior.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

what is dead may never die

though we may really want it to

e; quote so it doesn't end on the last page

ThornBrain posted:

Let it drown

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Just popping in to say that this was all recorded ages :v: ago and giving advice earlier in the thread isn't really going to result in changes in gameplay later. Sorry. Pretty sure Thorn just set out to have fun and do a semi-casual LP of the games and only linked Seasons when he saw how simple it was at the end of Ages.

That being said, Marin is the better girlfriend for engaging dialogue and late-night pillow chats, but Rosa is better if your idea of a great date is a little breaking and entering (which obviously, mine is).

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

DISCLAIMER: Watching this video may cause permanent ear damage. By watching this video, you agree to the following terms.

quote:

I DO HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE STRAWHAT NO INC, MECCAPRIME INDUSTRIES LLC, AND EACH OF THE FOREGOING’S AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND VOLUNTEERS (HEREINAFTER INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “RELEASEES”)WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO PERSON, PROPERTY OR REPUTATION RELATING TO MY VIEWING THE TENTH PART OF THE ORACLE OF SEASONS LET'S PLAY AND ALL RELATED ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING POSTING ABOUT IT ON THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS), WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASEES, THIRD PARTIES, OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

If the entire last half of the game were like Tarm Ruins, this game would shoot up to the top slot of my favorite Zelda games.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Lol, this idiot is playing Link's Awakening ALL WRONG!!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I was actually talking about ThornBrain.

Also, the fact that this thread isn't titled "Your McFly is Down! Let's Play Portable Zeldas" is a crime.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

The key to this dungeon is to always stay keyed in to where all the keys are, and also where all the keese are. Sometimes you find keys in the room, sometimes you find keese in the room, and sometimes the keese are hiding keys in the room.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Yeah you can change to the other tunic, BUT WHY???

Red Tunic Supremecy!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

*i'M the CAPtain of tHIs BOAtt..!*~ :beerpal:

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I did the research and found the original concept art for this dungeon boss.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

I don't know, Mecca, do they really qualify as "new players" by the time they start progressing in the final dungeon?

new players first-time players
as in they're running through the game for the first time
they are new to the dungeon though, to be fair
stop picking on me!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

ikanreed posted:

I like your lp, but I've got a serious nostalgia for Mecca's hatred of signs

Burn them all!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Octatonic posted:

If you don't like diminish calf in this thread, you can

I love that custom emote.

Have some others for future use in this very thread!

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Ezlo posted:

Hey! Did you know that falling in lava hurts??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

This is obviously the dumple origin story..