Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Alkydere posted:

So you got the clock from a ghost who couldn't pass on to the afterlife until you opened his headstone...then you went back to the past to give the clock to the postman.

Was the ghost you got the clock from the postman? The clock trapped in a time loop?

I've been replaying Ages myself.

This is just the tip of the time paradox iceberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

bladeworksmaster posted:

Well hey, we got the best item in Ages! The Seed Shooter rules, plain and simple, and serves a lot in various fights and mingames from here.

I gotta say this is one of the most creative aspects of the Oracle games simply because seeds that are usually used from the satchel can have a completely different effect when shot at an enemy. It's very "outside the box" to try that and I love it when it works.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

TheDarkFlame posted:

I wasn't even aware there was a choice with the animals. I played Seasons though and never had Ages, so I missed out on a lot regardless I guess.

This is one of the stupid things about the Oracle games. The animal choice is all about how you obtain a certain item. You can buy it, win it in a minigame, or not go out of your way to get it and wait for the plot to give it to you. Naturally few people would be aware you could get it in any way other than the latter, and if you do the other two things you won't know which animal you're getting anyways.

Not that it matters. The animals are a great concept with terrible execution: who uses them for anything other than the times they're required? All I can really say about them is don't take the bear unless you like to mash the buttons!

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

CPColin posted:

Those assholes who charge you for burning down their doors are in Zelda 1, too. :argh:

Usually they're placed in the mountains, though, where players are unlikely to find them before rupees become almost useless.

I really dislike it either way, though, Zelda typically rewards exploration, not punish!