Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You can actually flip these guys without the shield. The shovel will do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cythereal posted:

(and you can never swap the feather and bracelet directly, you have to go through that whole sequence to get the shovel back and then swap to the other).

I guess that's to prevent sequence breaking, otherwise you could buy the feather with seeds, trade the it for the armband, and buy the feather again.

But yeah, in retrospect this island feels a bit tedious. But I am pretty sure I liked it as a kid. Getting your stuff back and finding ways to progress felt kinda satisfying, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I remember that you can sort of break the puzzles with those roundabouts by abusing the miniboss teleporters.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

I didn't realize Tuni Nut was a palindrome after all these years until 5 seconds before MeccaPrime mentioned it :doh:

It's not a palindrome in my language, so I have nothing to be ashamed of.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

I too felt a little silly when I also got it seconds before Mecca explained it, then I looked it up to refresh my memory and it's just "Tuni-Gewinde" in German so yeaaaah

At least you won't be thinking of seeds...

What's up German(-speaking) buddy? :)

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 7, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

In the German translation (at least for the DX version), the hint was straight-up changed to "the imprisoned rabbit first, the skeleton warrior last". It still took me a while to figure out what it referred to, but I felt pretty smart when I did :v:

I'm pretty sure, I beat the whole game by an extensive amount of brute forcing everything and smearing power on stuff at random. When I was a kid, I wasn't really eager to read any of the text either.

I really need to watch a LP of that game at some point. Back when MeccaPrime did it, it may have been somewhat confusing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Ugh. This dungeon.

Zelda can never really seem to get water dungeons right. The only one I can think of that I actually like is the water dungeon from A Link Between Worlds

I enjoyed the one in twilight princess. It had a fun variation on the rising water level gimmick.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
At the end of the dungeon you were talking about long dead stars. Actually, that's just a myth. The chance that a visible star is already dead is incredibly small. Stars live for tens of billions of years, if you discount clouds, i.e. barely visible galaxies, since you wouldn't be able to discern any stars in them, the farthest visible star is "only" about 7000 light years away, while most are only a couple of hundreds. The probability that the stars life ended in exactly that time span is diminishing.
And there are only roughly 6000 stars which are visible with the naked eyes. (3000 on each side of the globe.)

Sorry for the unsolicited astronomy lecture, but it's kinda fun how everyone overestimates the distance of space in that one example.

But yeah, falling stars would kinda suck for orientation. Though, you could use a comet, if one happens to be visible at that time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cythereal posted:

My only real complaints about the Oracle games are pretty standard ones for Zelda: all the female characters are useless

To be fair, that's also true for the male characters in this game. Or do you think Ralph was actually helping?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Subrosians are actually just cultist Gorons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You can actually slash the claw of that crab off. At that point the crab is pretty much helpless as you shoot seeds at it. Also it spawns little crablings, which restore your ammo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It might be the weird papaya face and the beautiful guy on the boat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SorataYuy posted:

Much as I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, I think this LP has really hit upon the biggest flaw it has. There's nothing truly memorable about it other than the repeated trips through the Temple of the Ocean King. It's a fun experience and then you just kind of forget about it until you play/watch it again. It isn't terrible, but it's still not nearly as good as any of the rest of the series (not including The Trilogy That Does Not Exist, of course.) At least Thorn and Yoshi are making it enjoyable, though. :)

It's better than spirit tracks. But both games have fun, but sort of short dungeons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's cool that the ghostship ended on the exact halfway point of the LP then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

KieranWalker posted:

Thinking about it, there was that goron in Twilight Princess who was stuck in the frozen lake in Zora's Domain for probably weeks on end. And the old one in Majora's Mask that would freeze solid wandering around outside the village, and you'd have to thaw him out to talk to him.

They get cold, but it doesn't seem to affect them. They're basically just living rocks, I think, like the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story (and now I'm dating myself).

I guess in the case of the former example, it would take a LOT of zoras to lift him out of there...
Technically, that Goron in TP wasn't in the frozen lake. He was in the large chunk of molten rock, you teleported in there to thaw that lake.