Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
One wonders what the world record for the largest omelette is. *does a quick bit of Googling*

...That would be an omelette approximately 34 feet wide weighing over fourteen thousand pounds. Huh.

Well, I guess we aren't gonna be breaking any records by cooking the Wind Fish's egg. Carry on, gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, Mecca, do they really qualify as "new players" by the time they start progressing in the final dungeon?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm late on this, but I want to comment on the mineral water from video 4. I think it's kinda bullshit; it's just a repeat of the usual "water plant, use it to climb" gimmick, but oh noes, this one (and only this one) requires special water. If they'd reused it 3, 4 times maybe, perhaps hidden some neat items or something behind it, sure. But using it once or (optionally) twice through the entire game? That feels to me like padding; wasting the player's time with an annoying fetch quest in the interest of adding a couple of minutes of playtime.

And reading over that paragraph, it feels like pointless nitpicking after the fact. I'm half-tempted to delete it, but I think I am going to post it anyway just to stimulate discussion.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Truthkeeper posted:

If you tie her to a sword hilt, does that make a Four Sword?

More like a Tetraflail, I think?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think this is rrrrrrroughly? where I decided Phantom Hourglass wasn't really worth playing and gave up on it. Might've been that last trip into the Temple of the Ocean King, but either way, I didn't make it past this point.

Edit: Meant to comment on it last video and forgot; I find it interesting though, that they adapted more Zelda creatures to Wind Waker style for this that weren't actually in Wind Waker, such as the hinoxes you've been fighting in the goron dungeon.

Edit edit: And dodongos. You know, I really wanted to like this game, as a sequel to Wind Waker and all. I just hate actually playing it.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 15, 2019

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ok, THIS is the general area where I gave up on the game. I specifically remember that "oh you want to play with the D-pad? Too bad, dur hur hur" message in the Temple of the Ocean King.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ok, Ciela using the hammer instead of Link is absolutely hilarious and might be the best thing in this game.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Regarding the end of Phantom Hourglass, I think the game itself took place in the greater world Hyrule was (flooded to death) in*, but Bellum dragged them into some kind of pocket dimension with the Ocean King's power or something during the final boss fight. Mainly because of Linebeck sailing away during the ending, partly because Ciela implies it's just the spirits and the Ocean King that need to return to "their world," and also because the game doesn't make any god damned sense otherwise. With a sprinkling of "I hate 'it was all just a dream, ooooOOoooOOOOOOOoooo~' plots."

As for Spirit Tracks, I haven't played or seen a single minute of it before now, as Phantom Hourglass put me off to the idea of ever playing it. So uh, I guess we'll see.

*Obviously they are not in the Great Sea, but allowing for the possibility that Hyrule is/was not the only land or kingdom on the face of the planet.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jade Rider posted:

When I first played this, it took me ages to get the pun in Anjean's name. I pronounced it with a French accent for some reason.

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, uh I didn't know it was a pun till you showed up

I don't get it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Anjean is pronounced like "Engine."

Wow, that's kind of a stretch.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Use a southern accent. Anjean YEEEHAW

I suppose that does make sense if you lay it on real thick, yeah.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Can you throw the Spirit Train in reverse and escape the Demon Trains, or is it just automatic game over if one winds up coming at you on the same track?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it, the Lost Woods "puzzle" seems like it could really start to overstay its welcome, if they come up with an excuse to fall back on it every time for a lack of other options. Having the entire overworld accessible via preset railways only must really limit the kind of complications they can actually throw at you en route...

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it, there was that goron in Twilight Princess who was stuck in the frozen lake in Zora's Domain for probably weeks on end. And the old one in Majora's Mask that would freeze solid wandering around outside the village, and you'd have to thaw him out to talk to him.

They get cold, but it doesn't seem to affect them. They're basically just living rocks, I think, like the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story (and now I'm dating myself).

I guess in the case of the former example, it would take a LOT of zoras to lift him out of there...

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that last block segment turned into a 3-dimensional slide puzzle there at the end, didn't it?

Looks more aggravating than anything else.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SorataYuy posted:

With rando jerkfaces from other continents trying to copyright strike him for simply playing a game for the internet, can't blame him. =\

Well, that's bogus.. :|

Thorn, can Skippy's expy in the end card artwork come back as a farewell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am... whelmed by the ending of Spirit Tracks. It ...occurred.

Feels kinda like the end of an era, here, though. This thread's been going for a while.

Thanks, guys! Looking forward to the next one!