Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ephraim225 posted:

This is one of the stupid things about the Oracle games. The animal choice is all about how you obtain a certain item. You can buy it, win it in a minigame, or not go out of your way to get it and wait for the plot to give it to you. Naturally few people would be aware you could get it in any way other than the latter, and if you do the other two things you won't know which animal you're getting anyways.

Not that it matters. The animals are a great concept with terrible execution: who uses them for anything other than the times they're required? All I can really say about them is don't take the bear unless you like to mash the buttons!

The last buddy is the best and i used him all the time. Being able to defend yourself while swimming is so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Since you marathoned so hard its moot, but if you want to rename your mc there is a password generator program on the web that you could recreate your clear data with.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Bruceski posted:

What's fun is there are a couple of holes up north which are intended for the cape but can just barely be lept with pegasus seeds, the feather, and the game being forgiving with how much of you needs to land outside a pit to not fall in. The downside is that when you try to go back there's a ball and chain guy who hangs out right on the other side of the pit, so you have to make a pixel-perfect jump while avoiding being bodied by the guy.

Sounds like a job for gale seeds

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Remember PizzaJoe, whatever happens, no matter what anyone tells you, never stab the Hourglass with a knife.

Not ever.

He's PizzaJoe, not the artist formerly known as Prince, man.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I wanna say the four swords adventures crew used 5 gamecubes, 1 to run the game and 4 armed with gameboy players that functioned as "controllers"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Microcline posted:

One of the other things I remembered is that at the beginning of the LP one of the comments noted that the game gets some credit for having a new antagonist...except that Vaati is for the most part a more generic OoT Gannondorf.

It sort of goes with the problem of plugging new gimmicks/items/characters into the formula instead of shaking up the formula itself.

Eh, ganondorph was an evil king that took over the world. Vaati was a nobody gnome that used a fancy hat to gain unimaginable power. The only real similarity is wanting the macguffin to obtain godhood.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It almost looks like old school claymation. I kinda dig the look, won't lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

"We have neither the powers of spirits nor demons"
-A literal spirit possessing a sentient piece of armor