Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I wasn't even aware there was a choice with the animals. I played Seasons though and never had Ages, so I missed out on a lot regardless I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

I really like Subrosia, it's definitely a nicer area than where the Tokay live. And they're chill people, I suppose taking lava baths in full-length cloaks in a firey underworld means "chill" isn't really the right word but they make it work. I never knew that you could do the dancing minigame a second time to get Dimitri's flute, that's kinda cool and seems like something I should definitely have tried at least once. I think I always ended up getting Ricky's flute because I didn't know how that worked.

In regards to Maple, couldn't you just not bump into her and miss her? I seem to recall that happening when I played, because as a kid I for some reason thought the little shadow on the floor was supposed to be her route and ended up standing in the wrong place entirely.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Just a shame Link doesn't have more fingers, really.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

I'm glad I only just caught up to this LP and now I have to watch this:

Minish Cap has been a lot of fun, the art style is really neat, I think Thorn is correct in calling it a good blend of puzzle and action Zeldaing. I think the biggest issue with these portable games so far is having to juggle numerous items around the limited control scheme. These older games really couldn't create a more complex item-based puzzle/encounter without constantly having to switch your items out which is tedious and finnicky, with the right setup on modern controllers you could require the player to use their sword, bow, feather, shield, bombs and weird gimmick item all in rapid succession in a room but having just three of those alternating is a pain. And no, Nintendo, touchscreen drawing and motion controls are not the answer.

I've still yet to play Breath Of The Wild but I'm assuming they moved on from the A/B button system by this point?