Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm near the start of Ages (third game) in a Seasons, Ages, Ages, Seasons run through. I've been meaning to get back to it for the past three years. This might be the motivation I need.

Speaking of which, any chance of some bonus episodes at the end to show off the extras that are exclusive to running in the other order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Explopyro posted:

One thing I will say is that trying to get 100% rings is a huge pain and I don't blame you one bit for not trying to do it (I did do it once and never will again).

That's what I'm doing on my run through, but getting 100% rings requires you to play each game two times (in one of two possible orders). Fortunately, if you grind Gassha trees in one game, you don't have to do it in any of the others because you can just trade rings. Still, I think you can get all but three of the rings with just a regular 2-game linked game.

Explopyro posted:

I always prefer to do Seasons first also, though some of that is map OCD, because in a non-linked Ages run there is a single map square you can never reveal, and that bugs the hell out of me. I can't remember if I've actually done them in the other order...

I did Seasons first, but there's an argument to do Ages first because there are two imperfections, the missing map square on a normal run of Ages and a missing heart on the first game you play. If you do Ages, Seasons, Seasons, Ages, then all the imperfections are on your first save file.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlazeEmblem posted:

Because gachapon machines are seen primarily in Japan, and the word is Japanese :shrug:? I wouldn't have known the word when I was a kid.

I remember row of those gacha machines at the exit of practically every supermarket (late 90s, early 2000s, southern California). They were 25-50 cent machines, and gave you a little capsule with a cheap toy in it. Although I never knew they were Gatcha machines until I found out about Gatcha from mobile games.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Torrannor posted:

I remember being unable to progress in Final Fantasy Adventure (Mystic Quest in Europe), because I didn't understand what "follow the 8 by the palm trees" meant. I had to call my cousin a week later to get it.

I could never find the fang to get that hint. I only passed that point when I replayed it on an emulator with a guide.