Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If the trading hut was more easily accessible from where you start the whole thing would be neat.

Since it's not it's kind of garbage. The backtracking alone stretches this section out to be unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If you switch to any character at this point, I would have liked it to be Nayru.

"Oh no, Ambi was smart enough to bodysnatch Link! Ralph, no offense but I know you well enough that you probably just faffed about yelling my name while trying to rescue me. Sit down, shut up and give me your sword. It's time I return the favor." :getin:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

when talking about wishing ages had more color i was just thinking 'seasons absolutely has more going on' and then you two went into talking about it anyways. the season gimmick lends itself well to some neat palette shifts, which is part of why a lot of it sticks out to me compared to the areas in ages which i had a hard time remembering until this lp came along.
It turns out, having four overworld's allows you to have four palettes of the overworld!
While Ages only has two (past and present) and naturally they went with the sepia tone for the past.

Should have gone meta and made it more OG Gameboy like the Classic Ring. So you'd appreciate the present's colors more :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It makes a lot more sense for kids to be harassing dmitri than moblins.

Because moblin's are enemies.

You can slay them.

Not kids though. Kids you have to do the bidding of.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Awww yeah, Link's Awakening. It's basic as all heck but the music still holds up despite being 8 bit stuff.

It's good.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

It's the first three notes of Epona's Song.

And her idle animation is pretty much just her constantly singing it. She's got some serious lung control.

Nowhere near 'gunkle spamming his sword button' though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

There are a bit too many green kinstones combinations that turn into blue kinstones. It gets to a point where it's like 'ok why didn't you just have two colors of kinstone and give me the rewards immediately.'

It's a neat idea but the execution's wonky and that's one of the biggest issues with it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

That's a good twist on a sub item that makes sense in context of the game. It's like a point and click adventure, only you're pointing with a hammer and hammering with a hammer :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I don't like Zelda's Nintendo's handholding.

At least the railroading makes sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It was Ferrus's best day out.

That lasted 8 days.

He only thinks it's one because he stayed up the entire time. Too excited about trains.