Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Always Be Jumping With A (Except When Swimming)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Torrannor posted:

I'm surprised that everybody seems to always pick up the bombs. Throwing them after switches or enemies or far away blocks makes sense, but I usually just set them down next to a wall or block I want to break and wait for them to explode. Both in this and in Mecca's LP, bombs were always thrown, never just set down. Strange!

I'm reasonably sure that Link is carrying the bomb as soon as you hit the button in Ages and Seasons. Really messes you up if you go back to Link's Awakening, where Link places the bomb on the ground when you hit the button.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Those assholes who charge you for burning down their doors are in Zelda 1, too. :argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Spiders aren't insects. Maybe she transformed into a bat?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Best part about the gloves is spamming the button while you're just walking around, to make noise, like spamming the mirror in the Light World in LttP or spamming the "HI IM DAISY" button in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ThornBrain posted:

The DS Zeldas will get their own thread though.

And it'll be a nice thread.
For a clown to wear.
To the circus.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Unless they don't die in one hit, then it's obnoxious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The Power Bracelet is from Zelda 1 :argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I always forget how much moonwalking Link does in this game when you swing your sword while changing directions diagonally. Nice that Capcom smoothed that out in the Oracle games, along with the enemy death and key drop sound effects.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Because you want to hit things with your sword more than once in a row without it flying across the room!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
One of my favorite parts of this game is the bosses starting to go, "What are you doing? Stop and think about this!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like that the sound effect for the vines growing is a callback to Super Mario Bros. 1. I also dig every time they use the old Game Boy sound chip for anything!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Commander Keene posted:

The jingle that plays when you use the Ocarina of Winds is actually from Super Mario Bros. 3, not from Link to the Past.

It showed up in Zelda 1 first.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Wow, that dungeon is a linear-rear end snoozefest.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If you stretch a GameCube into four dimensions, does it become a HyperGameCube or a GameHyperCube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It looks like poo poo, but at least THIEF is left-handed again.