Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trem_two posted:

Lichtsteiner has lost a lot of his ability to defend and his crosses are terrible. He still works his rear end off, but he's fallen off. Could still be a good presence to have in the squad in terms of leadership and whatnot. He's also a bit mental, which is fun.

Considering our backup right backs are kids who aren’t right backs, I’m on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Xabi posted:

Next season could be our year, I can feel it.

Hold on I need to add this data point to the graph.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What’s this about Salah moving to Madrid? Apparently Ramos has been twisting his arm.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Isn’t he on a free?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Wazzerphuk posted:

Bit of a weird one that, I'm surprised West Ham aren't aiming a bit higher. I would have been happy with him starting for us next season but he hasn't exactly set the Championship alight over the last few years.

We didn't have many glaring gaps in the team until this so I guess it at least narrows down the positions we need to focus on.

Can I interest you in a lightly used Carl “Jenko” Jenkinson? He has CL experience and everything.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Newly promoted Serie A side Parma are lining up a move for Stoke's former England striker Peter Crouch, 37. (Calciomercato via Talksport)

:bisonyes:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Paul Merson begins to sweat...

He’s going to wake up in the middle of the night because he had a nightmare about a team move involving all four defenders, Mkhitaryan, and Aubameyang.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Remember when Steed Malbranque was a hot commodity

He was real good in CM 03/04.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The problem being he spends his entire time camped on the edge of the opposition's 18 yard box, when he's playing as a DM and supposed to be camped on the edge of ours.

When does he play as a DM?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Myssu posted:

Who was the CM linked with Arsenal?

Also iirc they also picked up Lichtsteiner already.

Lucas Torreira

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

brocked posted:

Re: wingers- I heard Arsenal were talking to one of the players trying to escape Porto

Gelson Martins

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Waroduce posted:

has a soccer team ever held open try outs like the Philadelphia Eagles in the 70s

I think some MLS teams have.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I remember him he had really orange skin

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Maybe some “capos” leading chants with a vague accent?

What do we think of Tottenham?

CRUD!

What do we think of crud?

TOTTENHAM!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Here’s the twist in the story: Richard Harris has been dead for over fifteen (15) years!!!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
soccer transfer thread: labor laws in Iberia’s West Virginia

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Why would you leave it this late when it's such an obvious need?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Who needs Barca triangles when you can add a rectangle :smuggo:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

I hope Liverpool signs Fekir so liverpoo fans can make a million unfunny posts about “Nibble Fucker” like they already have

I, for one, am excited for the dynamic duo of Feqiri

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I believe he is plan B in case Ramsey doesn't sign. I remember Hleb being very good for Arsenal before going to Barca and being a wasteman and getting fat. I'm not sure which of the 3 sales to Barca was best: Song, Vermaelen, or Hleb.

Not even a question

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Wrong thread

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hadn’t they already signed Joe Fart?

Not yet

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Everton got Yerry Mina for £30m. Also someone called Bernard. Not much else other than leicester picking up a young centreback from Zagreb, nice to have more than one defender this side of 30

Bernard was a hot prospect at Mineiro, won the Libertadores with Ronaldinho before moving to Shakhtar. Not sure how he’s done since.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Tottenham's has a couple of issues (in my dumb opinion). There has been a long standing problem with their depth and that's been there for years. They've managed to get through and have a couple really good seasons and finished top four, but where do they go now? Spurs fans have said for years that they are punching above their weight - this year they move into their brand-spanking new stadium, the second biggest in the country. There comes a point where paying low wages stops being something to be proud of and starts being a crutch. The teams around them have all improved - even United have gotten someone in.

For me Spurs are risking becoming the Arsenal team they so mocked. Happy to finish top four, happy to get into the CL regularly, never challenging for the title and rarely (if ever) challenging for a trophy.

They’ll solve their depth issues by rolling Kyle Walker-Peters-James off the assembly line.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Make this a tiled forum background

Sports Argument Stadium > Jozy’s Piepit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Brazilian legend(ary permacrock) Ganso has joined noted cool Ligue 1 team Amiens SC closing out a tidy window for us :rms: Loan with option to buy

FM12 (I think that’s the right year) legend :unsmith:

• Locked thread