Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

i hope that my team signs a manager and some players, op

It's looking like it's probably going to be Pellegrini as manager so we're almost definitely signing the shuffling corpse of Yaya Toure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

pellegrini to west ham is almost certainly happening and we're paying him 10 million pounds per year

I've seen 5, 7 and 10 million all reported. I'd guess 7 is the most likely but still, that's such a good appointment. I'm legit surprised it wasn't just the Daves hyping up a manager to sell season ticket renewals. He's apparently bringing a mix of his ex-City and ex-Malaga backroom staff as well

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
And it's a DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/998820757424795648?s=19

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

DiMarzio reporting United have agreed on a £44M price tag for Shaktar's Fred.

They're also reporting that Jose wants to bring in Arnautovic to play on the left. Ignoring the fact that he only got good this season when he started playing in the middle.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham are apparently close to signing Marlon Santos from Barca for about £17 million. Apparently, he's pretty good considering he's only 22 (judging from his time at Nice). Will be odd having a centre back who can actually pass and isn't constantly injured

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

hadji murad posted:

Looks like Chelsea legend ‘Nando’ Torres is coming to the J League.

Doesn't Japan already have a problem with having too many men who can't score?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1002564131688534016?s=19

I think we have an early contender for dumbest transfer rumour of the window

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Who's gonna be the guy who lights it up at the WC then goes for an inflated price to a big team and sucks a fat one?

Manuel Lanzini. Had a great game in Argentina's most recent friendly, is a relative unknown outside the premier league (so people don't know that he's a bit overrated), and West Ham always lose their best players.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Ryan Fredricks to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

https://www.twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1004031330135433217

Looking forward to having an actual right-back that isn't either someone playing out of position or too old to run properly.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Apparently Felipe Anderson has been pushing for a move to West Ham and Lazio are prepared to let him go. Which is a weird sentence to type

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

The wages thing is likely true, yeah. I just wonder if West Ham is really a higher-profile stage than Lazio? It's true for Payet, but that was a couple years ago, when they had qualified for the Europa League and seen as a team on the rise. They've just come off a terrible season with David Moyes where they narrowly avoided relegation. All I'm saying is that the Premier League is generally a high-profile move but I don't believe it's universally true in every case. I'm sure he'll be paid much better though.

I think appointing Pellegrini helped as well. He's a high profile manager with a long history of success. There's no way this transfer would even be mentioned if West Ham kept Moyes

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Manuel Lanzini. Had a great game in Argentina's most recent friendly, is a relative unknown outside the premier league (so people don't know that he's a bit overrated), and West Ham always lose their best players.

Well, poo poo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

PSG need to sell €60m worth of players by the end of June to not be in violation of FFP.

Lol and none of them want to leave because they're on stupid money. When you've got Javier Pastore on 190k per week, it's going to be difficult to get rid of him

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio says Felipe Anderson to West Ham is done for €30m.

Holy poo poo I didn't think we were actually going to manage it. Really surprised it's actually going through.

Apparently, Fabianski and Mawson are reasonably close to signing as well with Fabianski bring the closer of the two (I know Twitter ITKs are usually shite but Exwhuemployee is really reliable). Could West Ham be having a...... good transfer window?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1009118620247445504?s=19

Diop to West Ham is a DONE DEAL with Fabianski close as well

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1009118620247445504?s=19

Diop to West Ham is a DONE DEAL with Fabianski close as well

Fabianski is now also DONE

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1009360204184670208?s=19

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Fabianski is good, gives us two good keepers and hopefully one of them will actually be a first choice now. Any idea if Diop is any good?

Diop captained the France U19s to the Euros, was in the team of the tournament and has been a mainstay in the Toulouse team for three years despite being 21 (also filling in a captain in occasion). Haven't seen a huge amount of his games but West Ham signing him is being touted as a bit of a coup

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

apparently we're still in for Mawson but idk if we need 2 new CBs

I think the plan is that we get 2 new CBs (be it Mawson or Marlon Santos) and move Rice into DM where he's been playing really well for Ireland.

I think the big problem is a creative midfielder now that Lanzini is out for the entire season.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1017005871967109120?s=19

Andriy Yarmolenko from Dortmund to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Felipe Anderson is flying in for his medical with West Ham today so it looks like that transfer is finally going through. Never thought I'd see West Ham do this much good business this early in the window

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

looks like big andy and winston reid will be leaving west ham, both been sent home from pre-season

West Ham just confirmed that they're both injured for three months. Quelle surprise

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018111976923377665?s=19

Fabian Balbuena to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Don't know much about him but all the Corinthians fans on Twitter seem to be bummed out that he's leaving so that's a good sign. And only 3.5 million.

Anderson has also signed but will likely be announced later (maybe so Balbuena isn't treated like an also-signed)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Anderson has also signed but will likely be announced later (maybe so Balbuena isn't treated like an also-signed)

DONE loving DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018419901386485761?s=19

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I don't want the PL to have an American player who is actually good. I want a constant stream of Jozys just to see the meltdowns when it turns out they're poo poo.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Joe Hart is moving to Burnley which means either that one of Heaton/Pope will be sold or that Hart has joined a club to be a third choice keeper

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Welbeck told he's surplus to requirements. Not really surprising, but if both he and Lucas are heading out I guess Arsenal are going with kids down the depth chart.

Lucas is apparently close to moving to West Ham for 4 million. Someone at arsenal needs to learn how to negotiate sales. That's a stupidly low fee even considering he's been on the fringe of the team

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's real good how West Ham have a whole lot of good attacking options now but wow I'm gonna worry about our midfield depth if we don't replace Kouyate with another defensive mid

Yeah. For pure defensive midfield options, we only have Rice and Obiang and the latter is a bit poo poo. I know that we need a third choice striker (Hugill and Carroll don't count) but a defensive midfielder is a bigger priority.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I don't think Jenkinson is explicitly a failing of that system, he was really good at West Ham until he tore his ACL while conceding an own goal and got depression. He was visibly not mentally ok when he returned from injury at West Ham and I'm guessing he just never recovered

e. He may never have developed into a player good enough for Arsenal but you would have been at least able to sell him for a tidy profit if he didn't die of sadbrains

It wasn't his injury that hosed him up. He was bad for the entirety of the second season he played for us. Then he picked up the injury and had to go back to Arsenal for treatment.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Danny Rose on loan to Schalke is the latest thing being thrown around by Sky. Which would be the single weirdest transfer of this window.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Jack Wilshire has a video on his insta showing Lucas Perez in a West Ham training kit so that must already be signed

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Jack Wilshire has a video on his insta showing Lucas Perez in a West Ham training kit so that must already be signed

DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1027487608308412416?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sad King Billy posted:

So what have been the best unheralded transfers so far?

Ryan Fredricks to West Ham. With the exception of that one good season with Jenkinson on loan, I can't remember the last time West Ham had a right back who was actually good. Zaba was alright last year but clearly not what he was. Fredricks might actually make us not leak goals all over the place down the right.

• Locked thread