Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

joke_explainer posted:

Patrick Swazye is "Johnny Castle", a dancing instructor with a secret passion that is certainly off the books at the beautiful vacation spot where he works in the Catskills. Jennifer Grey plays "Frances 'Baby' Houseman" a 17-year old dragged on vacation by her parents and disillusioned with her life lacking in excitement, or anything new and fresh. He introduces her to a provocative act that will change both of their lives forever. Their shared loved of """dirty dancing""" complicates life for both of them, straining Johnny's professional life and Baby's personal life to the breaking point.

Finale:

[JOHNNY walks in on the closing ceremonies of the season to find BABY at a secluded table, sitting, parents embarrassed and chiding her. He steps up to the table.]

JOHNNY: "Nobody puts Baby in the corner. Come on."

JOHNNY and BABY head up to the stage, stepping in front of the chorus, and JOHNNY stands in front of the mic.

JOHNNY: "Sorry about the disruption folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I'm going to do my kind of dancing, with a great partner, who is not only a terrific... "dancer", but it's someone who taught me to stand up for other people no matter what it costs you. Somebody who taught me about the kind of person I want to be. Frances Houseman."

BABY'S FATHER is aghast. He stands up.

BABY'S MOTHER: "Sit down Jake. Maybe this will be okay?"

[MUSIC BEGINS: (I've Had) The Time of My Life recorded by Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley]

[BABY stands on the stage while Johnny slowly steps on to the beat. Then they start pulling off clothes.]

BABY'S MOTHER: "Oh god. Nevermind. I'm calling the police."

[The other """DIRTY DANCERS""" climb onto the stage, rapidly shedding their pants.]

[FADE TO BLACK AS EVERYONE FLEES IN DISGUST.]

[FADE IN AS THE ENTIRE STAFF IS BEING MARCHED OUT IN HANDCUFFS IN SILENCE.]

cda posted:

I think the premise for this thread is good except that I've never seen Footloose so it's hard for me to participate. I imagine it would be something like this:

Kevin Bacon: Hello, my name is Footloose. John Footloose. I've returned to this small town from New York City to tell you about eating rear end.

Love interest girl: My name is Nancy Footloose. Don't worry, though. I'm not related to you. It's just that Footloose is a very common name.

John Footloose: It's a pleasure to meet you here at church while the pastor is listening to me tell you that eating rear end is a good thing to do.

Pastor Footloose: [note that the pastor never says his name, but his name is also John Footloose. It's just a coincidence, but he's the one the movie is named after It's against God to eat rear end, and there's probably a law on the books about it too. Stop talking about that.

John Footloose: Let's you and me go somewhere private where we can talk more about eating rear end.

Nancy Footloose: Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread