Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's really hard to imagine ufotable botching the job as hard as studio pierrot did with black clover
Ufotable can be accused of many things, but "not being a tryhard" is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm legitimately super pumped over the adaptation now with the ufotable announcement, especially since it essentially means a seasonal schedule. Sometimes good things happen to good series :unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ufotable? Holy poo poo, I am hyped.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, goofy-rear end speculation time: Who would be the best VA choice for Inosuke?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Takehito Koyasu

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Wark Say posted:

Ok, goofy-rear end speculation time: Who would be the best VA choice for Inosuke?
Someone with a posh, kinda feminine voice so you can get a voice that SHOULD match how pretty he is but instead that voice is constantly screaming"Pig Assault!"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
First PV coming out tonight.

https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/1003445281113845760

I'm really interested to see how the anime turns out. Ufotable if anything, can do sword combat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Someone with a posh, kinda feminine voice so you can get a voice that SHOULD match how pretty he is but instead that voice is constantly screaming"Pig Assault!"

Appaeently he sounds very manly
See the brothel infiltration bit where hes told never to speak.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Appaeently he sounds very manly
See the brothel infiltration bit where hes told never to speak.
Is he ever not shouting though?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1003592684550815744

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay

Yeah

It's good

E: THE BUFF MICE

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 5, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I couldn't decide if the Ninja mice should be in the OP or not because seeing their reveal in the manga is so great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not putting the main characters in the op smdh

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The mice rule.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This manga is good and fun and feels like if D Gray Man were moved to japan and didn't have the worst power creep I've ever seen in a manga.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This manga is good and fun and feels like if D Gray Man were moved to japan and didn't have the worst power creep I've ever seen in a manga.
Man, talk about a blast from the past. Wasn't that in WSJ at some point during the 14 years or so it's been in and out of hiatus?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
D Gray Man was in WSJ until it took an extended hiatus and when it came back in a different Jump magazine the art style had completely changed to look more josei, which I actually liked. I tried reading it to see what happened and it was incomprehensible because a bunch of stuff was totally different and I didn't remember what had happened after the Noah fight in the tower aside from I think all the good guys bases got destroyed and all of japan was demons??

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

d gray man completely falls apart after a certain point. I'm also not a fan of the art change personally

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Didn't the mangaka suffer a grave injury or illness or something?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

apparently it's happened to her a few times. the most recent (according to wikipedia anyway) was an injured wrist

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I won't give anything away, but I would just like to say that after the latest chapter I just don't know if there exists a boy more pure or innocent than Tanjirou.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Somebody should write an article about how popular pure boys have become lately. That seems like it's really turning into a thing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is the previous week's chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/387796/1

Genya is part of the "new torso holes" club from last week. Also apparently part demon somehow?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A good boy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

This is the previous week's chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/387796/1

Genya is part of the "new torso holes" club from last week. Also apparently part demon somehow?

No more weird than the sound pillars who become weird vein and muscles monsters when they do their thing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No more weird than the sound pillars who become weird vein and muscles monsters when they do their thing.
I just think it's interesting because Nezuko is a unique presence in the Demon Slayers what with being a full-fledged demon herself. You think there would have been more of a stink raised if Genya was even part demon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, until now half-demons weren't really a thing. i'm not sure if that's what genya is, even. it doesn't quite fit with how demons have worked thus far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this week's chapter's up

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kimetsu-no-Yaiba/Ch-117---Swordsmith?id=429941

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The link for people who refuse to employ that wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Muichiro :ohdear:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://mangadex.org/chapter/409539/1

Just a very very good boy who forgot how for a while

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Good boy count: +1

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Somebody should write an article about how popular pure boys have become lately. That seems like it's really turning into a thing.

Who are some other notables ones besides this series? Main one I can think of right now is Shigeo from Mob Psycho 100.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Here's a rare "not so good boy" Tanjirou moment

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 29, 2023

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tanjirou is the goodest boy, and I'm glad I just found out there's gonna be an anime :)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Zerilan posted:

Who are some other notables ones besides this series? Main one I can think of right now is Shigeo from Mob Psycho 100.

Rhymes with "Cheese in blue man curse."

Deku probably counts too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/alc_st/status/1023274588904386560?s=19

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Good - but sad - siblings

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gotouge does a pretty good job of making you feel bad for most of the major demons. The spider kid is pretty heinous but the ending after he dies and his parents' spirits literally come to comfort him and willingly go to hell with him is really affecting.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Rhymes with "Cheese in blue man curse."

no clue what this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Gotouge does a pretty good job of making you feel bad for most of the major demons. The spider kid is pretty heinous but the ending after he dies and his parents' spirits literally come to comfort him and willingly go to hell with him is really affecting.

you pity them for what they became. once they started eating people, their memories faded and they became brutal caricatures of their past selves.