Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

A Sometimes Food posted:

She went to hell with his dad during Inosuke's post Muzan not quite dying dream didn't she? Cause she blamed herself for what happened to Inosuke.

Are you mixing it up with Sanemi's post Muzan Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would say the Upper Six siblings were more sympathetic than Kokushibou.
Yeah, guess I mixed them up. Kokushibou is more sorta "pitiful" than anything. Dude realizes at the end of his life that he squandered it all trying to surpass a long-since dead man.

Daki and Gyutaro got dealt a lovely hand (especially horrifying in Daki's case) and had to take the best deal they had at the time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no way of really telling if kokushibou was skilled as a human, because the person he compared himself to was more skilled than any demon slayer who ever lived. for all we know he might have been the runner up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We basically do know he was runner up! That's why he uses breath of the moon, he was totally #2!

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I always thought Moon breathing was a style he invented that took advantage of his demon physiology (hence the name). Then the flashback revealed that it was an established style and I felt dumb.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Are you mixing it up with Sanemi's post Muzan Dream.

I may in fact be yeah.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Late to the party but I definitely thought the series was good overall, 7/10 for me. The last showdown I could really feel the story being compressed down to fit to a chapter number.

Also I will never accept Nezuko and Zenitsu. I will just keep telling myself that these are reincarnations and not an indicator of pairings. Also wtf is wrong in Japan that Zenitsu was the second most popular character.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

zenitsu deserved nothing

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I always thought Moon breathing was a style he invented that took advantage of his demon physiology (hence the name). Then the flashback revealed that it was an established style and I felt dumb.

While he did have it as a human, the back half of his techniques were probably created after he became a demon, since they wouldn't work without his Blood Art.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kimetsu was a series that didn't really grip me till the Train arc, after which it continuously got better for me.

The way Tanjiro got freed from his demonization was a bit eh, but otherwise, I had no issues with the final few arcs and I cried a bunch at every day.

Would rate 8 or 9 out of 10 and Fridays feel emptier without it, especially since One Piece is often on break too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

think it peaked in the middle with a meh start and it was carried on the back of good character interactions (except zenitsu) and generally likable characters all around (except zenitsu)

the final arc was pretty good for the most part imo except for the flashforward happy ending, which I personally have never liked much in general. really liked how muzan was handled

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I find the opinion that the middle was the best part. I actually liked it better before Muzan was revealed or at least revealed to be a load bearing boss.

I liked it better when demons where just a threat that was running around causing problems before they effectively became a shonen bad guy organization

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TowerofOil posted:

Also I will never accept Nezuko and Zenitsu. I will just keep telling myself that these are reincarnations and not an indicator of pairings. Also wtf is wrong in Japan that Zenitsu was the second most popular character.
Was this poll before, during or after the anime aired? You have to understand that all 4 main VA's are fairly popular and, while obviously the majority of works do auditions, it is not unusual for a work's director/producer/writer to have a VA already in mind when they tell the casting director "Hey, let's get this VA on board".
  • Akari Kito (Nezuko) is the one that's still "rising" but she has Hinata from Blend S, Caster Artoria Siluca from Grancrest Senki and Momo from the goon favorite The Demon Girl Next Door.
  • Natsuki Hanae (Tanjirou) has Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Kosei from Your Lie in April, 9S from NieR: Automata Alm from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Fire Emblem Heroes. Hell, if Yoko Taro is to be believed, mister Hanae was cast as 9S due to his work on Tokyo Ghoul, and Hanae himself confirmed that he got cast as Alm due to one of the directors involved on Echoes liking his work on Your Lie in April.
  • Hiro Shimono (Zenitsu) has Keima from The World Only God Knows, Tsubaki from Sket Dance, Connie from Attack on Titan and Akihisa from Baka and Test. Plus like a decade of other roles on the rest of the main squad.
  • Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Inosuke) has Kirito from Sword Art Online, Soma from Food Wars and Bell from Danmachi.
So yeah, even if he's a trashboi, Shimono coming on board as the VA probably netted Zenitsu a buncha fans.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like Zenitsu

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

I like Zenitsu
So do I, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes. :ssh:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mods???

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Akari Kito (Nezuko) is the one that's still "rising" but she has Hinata from Blend S, Caster Artoria Siluca from Grancrest Senki and Momo from the goon favorite The Demon Girl Next Door.

Also Honshou Aru in Hitori Bocchi and Kotoko in In:Spectre. She's been impressive in everything; I hope she has a great career.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

Also Honshou Aru in Hitori Bocchi
:yikes: And here I was hoping we would steer clear of the unfortunate girl.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zenitsu is a GOOD BOY

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he's worse than mineta

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair only because he’s a main character. If he was just a side character his creepy ness and all about horrible demeanor would be lessened

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair only because he’s a main character. If he was just a side character his creepy ness and all about horrible demeanor would be lessened

yeah...I kept hoping he would get better but then the series ended and his great grandson was like that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

he's worse than mineta

DOUBT.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
zenitsu is my precious garbage son and i will fight for his honor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just kind of wish he'd become less garbage over the course of the manga. he really didn't.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i just kind of wish he'd become less garbage over the course of the manga. he really didn't.

I feel like that was probably in the cards, but his character development got axed for time.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
idk i thought his showdown with kaigaku was pretty badass.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He reminds me more of Miroku than Mineta, tbh.

I know, I know: Same sorta archetype.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

idk i thought his showdown with kaigaku was pretty badass.

every time he actually did something it was cool poo poo to do it's just a shame it was zenitsu, the worst, doing it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I also agree that Zenitsu should've died so Kanroji could live

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I also agree that Zenitsu should've died so Kanroji could live

i'll be a zenitsu hater until i die

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I feel like if we put Zenitsu on a bus the series wouldn't have changed much except for the better.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rody One Half posted:

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly

Oh that's a shame! I was planning on catching up on it at some point.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe the orphans should have learned breathing techniques.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Promised Neverland and it's ending has been cool so far. But opinions differ.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder how the Demon Slayers in this series would fare against the demons in the Promised Neverland.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder how the Demon Slayers in this series would fare against the demons in the Promised Neverland.

Better than normal kids I imagine.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do the demons in Promised Neverland measure up to the ones in Demon Slayer?

I've only read like 50 or so chapters before falling off the series but the strongest demon at the time (Lord Relius or whatever his name was) doesn't seem to measure up to the Upper Moons, and that's even Promised Neverland having big brain genius kids using guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Douma and Kokushibou could probably take the queen. Maybe Akaza in a pinch.