Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Looks like it's time for our first upper moon flashback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Angry gun boy is a good boy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

Looks like it's time for our first upper moon flashback?

We had the twins flashback before.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

We had the twins flashback before.

Not sure how I forgot that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Been re-reading the series and another thing I'd forgotten was the original gimmick of all the main demon hunters having a specific sense tied to their fighting style. (scent, touch, hearing). I wonder what the decision was to downplay if not outright remove this idea. It's not bad or good, just interesting that it's gone now for the most part.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

Been re-reading the series and another thing I'd forgotten was the original gimmick of all the main demon hunters having a specific sense tied to their fighting style. (scent, touch, hearing). I wonder what the decision was to downplay if not outright remove this idea. It's not bad or good, just interesting that it's gone now for the most part.

I don't think it's gone at all.

Tanjirou's constantly been using his sense of smell to find Hantengu.

Genya's consumption of demons can be sorta tied to a sense of taste?

The other three with extraordinary senses (Zenitsu's hearing, Innosuke's touch, and Kanao's sight) aren't here right now.

Like, it might not be as prominent, but it's still there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/446867

Also a character from a Promised Neverland apparently got ranked in the Kimetsu no Yaiba poll (59th, 4th tweet you can see it says Sister Crone) and vice-versa (29th)???

https://twitter.com/garai_JLS/status/1038965819554709504?s=19

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ah finally, someone typeset the chapter.

Demon-eater dude is cool. Also, I wonder what'll happen with Tanjirou's original sword if he ends up getting this new one?

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Did Tanjiro just use Zenitsu's breath? If so, then his breath isn't the breath of the sun (as in fire), but kinda like ... a god breath capable of using all breaths?

And Zenitsu is a good sleepy boy, glad he's so popular he jumped comics temporarily.
Also lol they even got the author to draw the portrait. (Or is that just a pulled image?)

Oh, also re: the sword. Wasn't it broken, and he was just using a temp while it was being repaired? Now this is the one from the robot, though unfinished?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The breath of the sun is said by the fire pillar's dad to be the originator of the other breaths, so it's possible.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 126

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 15, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AaaaaaAah
What
What

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't think he's hallucinating, but this is still pretty surreal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:aaa:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

:ohdear: Nezuko

:woop: Nezuko!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OH MY GOD. :aaaaa:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

!!!
I have a big dumb smile on my face.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no clue how that works but I'd glad it does

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It'd be kinda cool if just being a demon isn't what gets you destroyed by the sun, but rather just what you DO as a demon. I.e. if you're evil/eat human flesh the sun annihilates you, but if you don't it doesn't do that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
up til now it seemed like nezuko was getting deeper and deeper into being a demon. she's transformed, acquired unique abilities and fallen to berserker rages. her less than demonic lifestyle seemed like it could only delay the process. i'm really not sure what's going on here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

think you're supposed to be confused since everything we've learned up to this point contradicts what happened. it's definitely an effective cliffhanger

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Isn't there the whole thing about killing an upper Moon and getting its blood in order to heal her? If so, didn't he just kill an upper Moon?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, it was supposed to be about taking their blood to study it and synthesize a cure. i don't think anyone ever claimed that mainlining demon blood would do anything for her.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Isn't there the whole thing about killing an upper Moon and getting its blood in order to heal her? If so, didn't he just kill an upper Moon?
He got the blood from the previous Upper Moon they killed- we haven't heard back from the lady doctor however.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Which Upper Moon was this guy again?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

Which Upper Moon was this guy again?
Edit: It's actually

Gyokko: 5th Upper Moon (Vase-Maker)
Hantengu: 4th Upper Moon (The guy that just got killed)
Akaza: 3rd Upper Moon (Melee guy who killed the Fire Pillar)
Douma: 2nd Upper Moon (Creepily cheery dude)
Kokushibou: Upper Moon 1 (6-eyed Samurai)

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 15, 2018

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Wooooo she finally gets to talk now!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New chapter.

Nezuko gets to learn to speak again :cry:
So happy :)
It looks like she's just getting stronger, and I'm really liking how this is all tying together.

All these boys and girls are good and sweet and I love them all.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Thank Gods.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm curious why Tamayo thought that Nezuko would be able to walk in the sun at all. Yeah Nezuko has previously proven to be different, but still demonic. What changes in her blood did Tamayo see to make her think that?

Also mildly disappointed that Nezuko has upgraded from not talking to baby talk. Was kinda hoping there wouldn't be any catch and she'd just be able to talk again. Instead it's a case of moving the goal posts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nezuko hasn't been all there mentally ever since she was turned. we just couldn't tell the degree because she couldn't communicate.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also mildly disappointed that Nezuko has upgraded from not talking to baby talk. Was kinda hoping there wouldn't be any catch and she'd just be able to talk again. Instead it's a case of moving the goal posts.

I mean, it's kind of understandable. How many years has it been seen since she's spoken? And now she's trying to speak again, and she has these two gigantic fangs in her mouth. I think it's another chance at cute character development and I'm eager to see Tanjirou being a good boy and helping his sister.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm curious why Tamayo thought that Nezuko would be able to walk in the sun at all. Yeah Nezuko has previously proven to be different, but still demonic. What changes in her blood did Tamayo see to make her think that?
She has a copy of the manuscript in the back

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nezuko has finally, finally conquered the sun!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nezuko hasn't been all there mentally ever since she was turned. we just couldn't tell the degree because she couldn't communicate.

Yeah, from how it sounds, she probably could have recovered more mentally by now, but prioritized suppressing her bloodlust + being strong enough to protect Tanjirou when he needs it (which is pretty often) over recovering mentally.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Nezuko has finally, finally conquered the sun!
:catstare:

Now I need a "Nezuko dunking on Kars" fanart. Like right now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eej posted:

Kanroji Mitsuri is the coolest and I hope she doesn't have like some secret dark personality or whatever and she's just always that bubbly even in the face of death

Kanroji still owns

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kind of surprised we got such a... straightforward explanation of Muzan's deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Just recently binged through this and I didnt want to just emptyquote

everythingWasBees posted:

Inosuke is the best character in shonen jump.