Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

He just has to use RippleBreathing until sunrise so the vampiredemon cells get killed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

When was it ever in doubt that it was the sun

It only ever came up when people started that imperial flag whining, so some tried to rationalize it's a flower or something.
It just a hanafuda card with added rays.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

the backstory in this latest chapter feels kinda rushed to me. like the author forgot to do it earlier and realized they were running out of time

That's the whole current arc.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not sure how the story could possibly justify it, but it would be pretty sweet if nezuko grabbed a sword and started fire dancing too.

Tanjirou learned just by watching and Nezuko might actually be talented.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Wasn't biwa player the new 5?

Nakime is No. 4.

-e-
I should check if somebody posted after I've looked it up.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Wow :sigh:

drat, I expected Nezuko to arrive like chapters ago but that's lol esp the giant baby. TBH, the series started to decline pretty rapidly the last few vol so I didn't expect anything but I'm still disappointed.

I will rmb the series for the highlights Shinobu, Inozuke, crows, Giyuu, and Butterfly manor.

Shueisha probably pulled the plug before the anime started and quickly jammed it back in when sales exploded, except it now has brain damage and will never be the way it was before.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dexo posted:

Bleach didn't have a tournament arc.

Every arc was a tournament arc.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk I think you're making a lot of assumptions here based on nothing. actually most of the complaints about this arc seem to be based on assumptions. like "well the series was cancelled and that's why we don't get character arcs for snake guy or whoever!". but where's the proof of that?

I don't understand getting upset over how you assume things went down in editorial or how you think the author will follow follow current events up

The manga has been in the endgame since December 2018 and the anime aired a year ago.
If the anime hadn't been such a huge hit and boosted the volume sales, the series would have ended last year. The Akaza and Douma backstories were mainly meant to postpone the end until the anime was done airing, except it blew up and Shueisha wanted to keep it's cash cow.

Top Manga Sales 2019 by May:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...f-2019-in-japan

Top Manga Sales 2019 by November:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/11/27/oricon-reports-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-is-top-selling-manga-series-of-2019

Kimetsu no Yaiba wasn't even in the Top 25 Tankobon sales in May, but was the No.1 series in total sales with 6 volumes in the Top 25 by November.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 8, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

She has to leave to return to her family's home and won't be able to live as a Mangaka in Tokyo for a long time. It didn't mention her parents, just that she has some family circumstances.

Sounds like she's either pregnant or has to care for a family member.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zzulu posted:

She's doing them hard drugs

Smoking all the Wisteria.

It keeps the demons away :tinfoil:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think literally everyone needed to reincarnate in the same town. it really detracts from the message of mortality being part of human life when the very next chapter is 'lol jk you'll live again eventually, nbd'.

Did any of the demons get reincarnated?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nope they all went to Hell.

Thanks for underlining my point.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's generally not eternal damnation and more they need to work off some of their debts before they can reincarnate I think though?

So I guess the demons will probably be reincarnating much later than the humans.

Buddhist hell has waiting times on the order of billions of years.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

This has to be a trick to get everyone to throw KnY's ending under the bus.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Yaiba's ending is alright but I think the actual final fight was both really really long and didn't have as much emotional resonance as earlier fights so I was wishing for it to reach the end faster.

I agree that it is very suboptimal and has been for most of the inifinite mansion, but coming in here going "hohum, TPN sure gives KnY a run for its money" just looks like bait to me to make it look worse than it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Do the victory pose or it's worthless. :colbert:

I heard he'd never throw victory into the losers face.