Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the beginning is pretty rough but I'm glad I stuck with it because yaiba's a pretty cool shonen series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the beginning is pretty bland but it's worth sticking with

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

something I appreciate about the fights is that it always feel like the good guys only win by the skin of their teeth. it helps keep the villains threatening

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's really hard to imagine ufotable botching the job as hard as studio pierrot did with black clover

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not putting the main characters in the op smdh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

d gray man completely falls apart after a certain point. I'm also not a fan of the art change personally

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

apparently it's happened to her a few times. the most recent (according to wikipedia anyway) was an injured wrist

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this week's chapter's up

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kimetsu-no-Yaiba/Ch-117---Swordsmith?id=429941

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

looks nice. hopefully the anime fixes some of the problems with the beginning of the manga since that's by far the weakest point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those were all already up on kissmanga. it updates weekly there afaik. people don't seem to like that site but idk who's actually translating it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why is that, anyway?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah yea that makes sense

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no clue how that works but I'd glad it does

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

think you're supposed to be confused since everything we've learned up to this point contradicts what happened. it's definitely an effective cliffhanger

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man I'm glad I stuck with this series because it got real good, real fast once it hit its stride. the cast is super charming

Shinjobi posted:

Someone find me someone in this series to hate, because I am struggling to do anything but enjoy everyone

muzan, the bad guy?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the art style is so cute when it wants to be

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I love how fast it's going

hope the anime doesn't stretch things out too much

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

here's a link

https://mangadex.org/chapter/477943/1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

powerful face game this chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/482006/1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

https://mangadex.org/chapter/490039/1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

Edit: Also VIZ is now translating this manga every Monday so that's nice.

chapter's up now actually, so viz is officially ahead of the fan scans

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-140/chapter/17573?action=read

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you don't have to be a subscriber to read it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I feel kinda bad, but i do not remember who that bad guy is. My poor memory strikes again!
Oh well, I'll have to reread Kimetsu. Not a bad thing, I think.

he's the one that killed that pillar guy isn't he?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the upper moons dying a lot now is a necessity of the story since the plot has reached a point where it can't advance without them dying. I think the series has still managed to make them feel like a legitimate threat to the protags for the most part tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's nice that kanao finally gets to do something. her poo poo talking the demon's fun too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

akaza was also fighting the protag tho. he's basically ulquiorra from bleach

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

These upper moons are very strong but this series handles power creep really well, I've never felt like anything was an rear end pull or that there odds seemed too impossible. I'm very interested in seeing what the top upper moon can do, and even more interested in seeing what Muzan will do next.

Also, I don't see Muzan surviving this arc. I'm guessing we either get nice demon lady doctor actually being evil, or we learn how Muzan became a demon and get something based around that.

Oh and these upper moon folks are very tough and it makes be worry for my friend Kanroji, since she should have a fight soon.

we already know how muzan became a demon, don't we? unless you mean there'll be more to the story of that doctor that was treating muzan when he was still human

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

urokodaki told us it was the conclusion like a month or two (e: or four) ago, would he lie to us

7 deadly sins lied about it recently so maybe

this should be the end tho. it'd be weird if it wasn't

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Been rereading some Yaiba and god all the butterfly estate girls with their little scribble-faces are the sweetest little babies

I'm looking forward to that stuff getting animated because it's super cute. we're pretty close to their introductions now too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we don't know if upper moon 1 is the same person as that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk where you go after muzan. only demon left after he's gone would be nezuko and I'd really rather avoid an evil nezuko arc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

last hxh chapter was released on novermber 26 last year apparently

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the stuff on the bridge where shinobu throws money at that guy and they run off is

I think they fleshed out the stuff before that scene a little but I'm not positive

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pacing's fine imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Patware posted:

I think you can look at Genya to really see how much the pacing is staggering around. I feel like that character was supposed to be the next person in The Crew but instead he's just kind of roped along to having these big finale moments. All the stuff that could've more steadily unfurled about him is being shouted at us from someone passing by in a car.

I don't get this at all. genya was established early, we got to know him in the swordsmith arc, and then he became tanjirou's friend during the training arc that followed. there's nothing missing from genya's story

zenitsu's is more abrupt and poorly executed than genya's

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's literally no story after muzan dies so idk how it could. guess we'll see tho

maybe nezuko wouldn't be cured still but who would the enemy be at that point? it's shonen so they need a bad guy to punch. making it nezuko would be lame and muzan's the strongest demon. maybe they could do something with that transformation some of the upper moons almost did

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 18, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this chapter's left me even more convinced that the series is ending soon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Chapter 185

I totally forgot that Urokodaki was watching her.

I feel like this manga would've gone wildly different if he'd added in a command to try and remember her humanity or something like that.

sometimes I wonder what this series would be if nezuko was a real character and not a mascot/macguffin

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the backstory in this latest chapter feels kinda rushed to me. like the author forgot to do it earlier and realized they were running out of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah let it be fast, not everything needs to go for 1000 chapters. the anime's already slower anyway