Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So after reading Neverland, which rules, I decided to give this a go, both of them because I just kind of wanted to read what the two ladies WSJ actually deigned to let in the clubhouse had. It's... been kind of boring so far. However, I've just added Zimetsu and Inosuke to the team, and in addition to being maniacs themselves they seem to be making Tanjirou more of a weirdo, so things are looking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Takehito Koyasu

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay

Yeah

It's good

E: THE BUFF MICE

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 5, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/alc_st/status/1023274588904386560?s=19

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kind of surprised we got such a... straightforward explanation of Muzan's deal

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it would be most interesting if Muzan totally eats it here but biwa and the Upper Moons manage to hold on without him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/mega_girlshobby/status/1125702209012764673?s=19

Desk Demon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Christ what is upper moon one like

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Been rereading some Yaiba and god all the butterfly estate girls with their little scribble-faces are the sweetest little babies

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New chapter.

Well that finally clarifies who precisely #1 is. NOT the Sun guy, but his brother.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mist Boy has previously been established to be a Sun Breath descendant. Moon Breath is probably just a Demon only variant.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He says that brother demon slayers brings back old memories and he's from the Sun Breath family, you do the math.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's his brother

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New chapter, more fighting.

What designs do y'all like the most? I think my top 3 may be, fittingly enough, Akaza, Douma, and Kokushibou.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I quite like the patterened textile cloaks of the demon slayers.
And also the way that they arent done in the cartoon-style screen door way.

(I.e clothing that is somehow a portal to the pattern dimension

I too hate Gankutsuou.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/RodyleCockroach/status/1163686205688557569?s=19

I'd like to think I gave this the exact effort it deserved

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Assumedly he was trying to make a proper elixir of immortality that didn't involve quite so much uh all of that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And that's why Douma's the best

Bored not giving a drat, died not giving a drat, rip the realest one

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I do EMPATHIZE with Kokushibou, if not sympathize. He's pretty much the pinnacle of Muzan's ability to bring out and amplify the very worst in others.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was thinking that Sanemi would sacrifice himself and give his blood to Genya and that it would somehow heal Genya cause they're family + Sanemi has special blood.

I'm just really surprised because usually in this sorta stuff it's always the elder sibling / parental figure / mentor who sacrifices themselves to save the younger generation, but Kimetsu doesn't really have that.

Flame AND Insect my dude

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When was it ever in doubt that it was the sun

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My hot take on the imperial flag aspect: I don't think Gotogue is a nationalist but also the rayless version on Chinese and Korean tv is such a small change that makes a lot of people feel better so why not (fanart removes them a lot too)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Describing this as a bleachesque trainwreck is insane. It's definitely kind of a rushed ending but before anything else do recall that this thing is probably going to wrap this year, making a solid 4 year run.

Bleach ran for loving FIFTEEN, and was worse for longer than KnY's entire runtime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm begging you gotoge, please end it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man

This is just not what I wanted from this ending

I don't know

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's a last panel

Easy to forget sometimes that this is the twenties

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think it's a time jump, like I said it's the twenties already, They could have just gone too New York

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zenitsu is my son no less than Inosuke and Tanjirou. They are all VERY GOOD BOYS.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My babies are happy and so I'm happy too, more or less

That's quite the wall the kamados have

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Personally I would put my cut off at Kokushibou. Zenitsu Alter was a bit anemic but really no worse than Hantengu and uh, other guy in Smith village, and Douma absolutely ruled, but Kokushibou was kind of a letdown and where you really started to feel the wrap up rush.

As for the Muzan fight, it's atrocious. It IS super cool that literally every character is pouring out of the woodworks to just dump whatever they've got on him, that part I like. BUT it's just way too long and characters are getting their last minute back stories shoved in before they are killed, and it's right after Kokushibou which was a similar Everybody Pile On deal, and you've got sudden power-ups both from him and the crew, AND It's capping off an arc that has already gone on longer than any of the others that is just nonstop fights with no breather, AND OF COURSE we get that last second demon Tanjirou/human Nezuko business that feels like it was supposed to be an entire arc or even outright act 2 of a longer series.

It drags a series that I was really digging down from like an 8 to a 5, it SUCKS.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He's just a good, smiley boy who wants to take baths and have dinners with his friends, I love him so much

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We basically do know he was runner up! That's why he uses breath of the moon, he was totally #2!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zenitsu is a GOOD BOY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Douma and Kokushibou could probably take the queen. Maybe Akaza in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just think it's a real one-two punch of things I once quite liked.