Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They still have to hold a tournament arc to determine the new pillars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's the source for this .

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

It's the entirety of the newest chapter.

Where do I read it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm getting mixed messages here. Anyway I hope it's true because it'd be the first interesting thing to happen in this manga for months

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everyone who told me to read the manga after the anime aired because it was going to end soon is going to hell for lying.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Patware posted:

but doing what exactly

unless nezuko fails and the new enemy is evil tanjiro, there's nowhere else to go without basically making a new series or asspulling "and now, america satan!" or something

I'm telling you, tournament arc to determine the new pillars

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Whether it ends here or there's a new arc this arc has been deeply unsatisfactory. I don't think I've been engaged with this manga since Azaka died.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Apparently the manga is ending on May 11th, so this will be the penultimate chapter.

Thank god. Last time I fall for the shounen hype train

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

So my grasp of this series has a gap from where the anime ended and the part of the final battle around the part where Tanjiro starts having flashbacks; how good of a shot does ufotable have of buffing out the rough spots with a future adaptation? Or is it core story poo poo that can't really be de-emphasized?

I feel like it's a pretty good chance. The stuff that takes pages and pages in a comic can take seconds or minutes in a show. I honestly feel like the last ten chapters or so could be a single episode because so much of it was just people fighting

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That would have been more effective if Tanjirou had been a demon for more than a single chapter and had more of a rapport with Muzan

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

The finale was fine, but the unfortunate crunch that happened to get there made it less impactful. It feels like a good hundred chapters of the story was cut out.

This is where I'm standing. That said if the rumors about the author are true I'm glad they got to finish the manga at all. I'm excited to see what they make if they ever come back.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Muzan having a family would have been an interesting development so of course this manga didn't pursue it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

muzan having a family he genuinely loved would undermine the themes of the manga for the sake of some wishy-washy attempt at moral ambiguity, he has never been painted as anything other than a deranged manchild who is incapable of caring about anyone but himself. it is the source of every problem in his life and his ultimate undoing. he is an object of pity to be contrasted with tanjirou and nezuko, who by this point have both been turned into demons themselves, but were able to overcome their transformations and find redemption through the bonds of love they had formed.
Never said he had to genuinely love them bro.