Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be neat if the author went back and filled out more of the story afterwards like One Punch Man's redraw but I know that poo poo's just not feasible at all. I just hope that once we're done with this the story starts to mellow out and it's just lower stakes demon hunting and interacting with all the people we've met along the way. I mean, we didn't get to know Rengoku and Muichiro for very long so I'd love to hear more about them. Also, holy poo poo, if Tanjirou had understood every lesson his dad tried to teach him he'd be like Helck or something.

I've got a lot of (Dumb) predictions here on how this fight is gonna play out. First thing, at some point Nezuko's gonna show up and get the absolute mess beaten out of her when she does. Whether it's that human transformation medicine weakening her or just that Muzan is too powerful I dunno but she's not gonna do well.

She gets eaten, he celebrates his victory as Tanjirou and the remaining Hashira/Inosuke/Zenitsu all launch an assault on him and eventually as they begin to break down in the process he starts having spasms and suddenly bursts in to flames from Nezuko's Demon Blood Art. My thought is that she's resisted eating/drinking any humans/their blood up till now and the first and, pulling a Genya, the only thing she eats is Muzan.

I do hope that Ufotable pads things out more in the manga like they did with the drum demon shifting the room all over. It kinda feels like muscular Nezuko only occurred at the beginning and then never again. I was really sad that never happened during a fight before she got her oni-horn transformation look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm...Not a moron.

"Okay"

:dogcited:

I STG if they kill Kanroji for real :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I mean, I'm new to reading the manga but just in case anyone else didn't know about it, there's a colored version that's also updating since chapter 140.

https://mangadex.org/title/32905/kimetsu-no-yaiba-digital-colored-comics

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

4 ways this could go, that I can think of.

• Tanjirou dies, the end.
  • Tanjirou becomes a demon. The second one shown to use breaths no less.
  • Nezuko fights off the demon cure and uses her Blood Demon Art to burn Muzan's blood out of him
  • Nezuko gives Tanjirou a blood transfusion to turn him into the same kind of unique demon offshoot that she is. Complete with Sunlight endurance action!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, I don't think we've seen a single character in this manga that could use a breath style that wasn't- aside from the first guy who created it and Upper Moon 1 demon- part of Tanjirou's group or a Hashira or former Hashira. No wonder they're doing so well so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chapter 185

I totally forgot that Urokodaki was watching her.

I feel like this manga would've gone wildly different if he'd added in a command to try and remember her humanity or something like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Professorjuggalo posted:

zenitsu's training partner dude was using lightning breaths as a demon too, demon tanjy would be the third

Oh right, duh. Shocked that he didn't leave a bigger impression on me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Extreme speaker blowout warning on this one.

Muzan tries to self-destruct

Tanjirou:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588961077455224833/656453673286762496/ezgif-1-11c00cd255ce.mp4

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 17, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sindai posted:

I don't think discord attachments work if you're not a member of the discord they were posted in because none of them ever work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA&t=106s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, I thought people were dropping this chapter. I was looking at this page and I could've sworn Giyu got chopped in half

https://i.imgur.com/1RhAXex.jpg

Stupid Haori throwing me off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Muzan's immediate move to track down Nezuko and begin his attack makes sense but I still would've also enjoyed getting more time seeing Tokito and Genya hanging out with everyone.

Also, stop with the loving near-deaths on Kanroji already, you've already killed Shinobu and Nezuko's barely a character as it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://manganelo.com/chapter/kimetsu_no_yaiba/chapter_189

Even Giyu is being pushed back!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Their appearance is some really rad poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also, the colored version of the last chapter went up two days ago. https://mangadex.org/chapter/785533

Patware posted:

this red blade poo poo is the most arbitrary powerup in a sea of arbitrary powerups

I'm down with it. 'How in the world did Tokitou pull this off?' Copy that, and everyone who was there knows that when they collide it spreads so yeah, fair enough. We're only gonna have two Hashiras left after this is all said and done anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

God its incredibly loving rare that I want a manga to go a little slower
but gently caress please go just a tiny smidge slower.

Gotouge Koyoharu:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's gonna really stretch my suspension of disbelief if Tanjiro is suddenly able to take on Muzan solo.

Tanjiro's not going to fight him. He'll start using the Breath of Tsugikuni and give Yoriichi a chance to finally right his past mistake in not killing Muzan when he had the chance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's enlightenment after dying and being resuscitated, while still being on the verge of death. it's still probably not going to be enough.

Look at this chapter image.

Again, this isn't Tanjirou's fight, it's Yoriichi's rematch. Tanjirou's just channeling his spirit and lending him a body to maneuver.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's only ever recalled his own ancestor's memories. tanjirou might yank some previously unknown fire dance mastery out of his genetic memory, but if so it won't be from yoriichi. tanjirou and yoriichi aren't related, and ghosts haven't appeared as more than a 'hey i'm dead now and here is my dead family so let's go to the afterlife' thing. dude's completely dead, from old age hundreds of years ago. it's an intrinsic part of being human that separates them from the demons.

As busted and poisoned as he is, Tanjirou's still much stronger than he was when him, the squad, Uzui and his wives fought Daki and Gyutaro.

This time, his Unmastered Breath of the Sun Swordsman channelling will be enough to keep Muzan at bay for 7 minutes until Kanao can get the RPG.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking forward to this part being animated because this is all just an endless firebomb as far as Tanjirou's attacks go.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still shocked that it came down to Tanjiro and Iguro of all people to hold him off for this long.

Sindai posted:

When she arrives Muzan eats her and thinks he's won because now he's immune to sunlight. Then Nezuko murders him from the inside. :black101:

For a sappier happy ending, she can pull Lady Tamayo's cells out of him as well and Yushiro can hide her while she regenerates. Because it's getting dangerously close to daylight for the two of them.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 1, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nezuko's running to burn Muzan's poison out of everyone. While Giyu's on fire, she's also going to reattach his arm as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The one thing we know Nezuko's going to do is cure Tanjiro, because that growth's been aiming at consuming his left eye as well for a while now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nezuko's gonna bite Muzan and he'll collapse into a pile of cash because he's human now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Also against an opponent it's taken every still-living demon slayer to keep from escaping until dawn, Tanjiro was able to keep him occupied for several minutes by himself.

Hey now, he was doing his best at using the same style as that one guy who instantly sliced through every brain and heart in his body and decapitated him. Plus by the time he showed up all those extra drugs had had way more time to work on him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yorichi irreversibly scarred Muzan and made him the paranoid pissbaby he is right now.
Even Old yorichi would have finished the job.

There's no difference between the two of them. Yorichi's power never declined, even as he aged.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Holy poo poo. Like I know it probably wasn't intentional, but I swear that one panel of our good boy with Tomioka felt like a reference to the last part of the "Cell Game" arc

I didn't realize what was happening at first so I thought there were two Tanjirous at first. Giyu had blood on his forehead just like him and everything. It's a good thing that Tanjirou's always in his head talking about what's happening otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tanjirou's gonna pull through just long enough to hazily comprehend that Nezuko's human again and then promptly die.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

It's refreshing to see a popular shonen series that doesn't deliberately drag itself out for 700 chapters. I think it's better to be left wanting more than the alternative, so while I do wish some characters such as the Shinazugawa brothers had a bit more development or screen time, I'm glad we didn't spend literal years having Tanjiro kill a Demon Moon while paired up with a new Pillar every time.

Conversely, I wish it had another 150 chapters so there weren't scenes of Tanjirou talking to Genya about his brother that we didn't get to see for real and also Zenitsu overcoming his greatest flaw. And y'know, Nezuko could maybe do more things since Hantengu as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be wild if this goes Tales of Graces at the end of this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

but doing what exactly

unless nezuko fails and the new enemy is evil tanjiro, there's nowhere else to go without basically making a new series or asspulling "and now, america satan!" or something

It'll end just like the anime did.

The next 80 chapters will just be downtime of everyone recovering and doing their best to move forward despite their losses.

And then it'll cliffhanger on everyone learning about the Blue Spider Lilly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for Ufotable to turn this into a dramatic trial that'll leave me a broken man in 7 years.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope things work out for them smoothly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It was really dumb in the first star war how they retconned Luke into being able to hit wamp rats from his T-16 just to justify why he'd be able to stand a chance hitting the exhaust port on the death star.

Yeah, like what I'm supposed to believe because you can shoot BBs good at a carnival that you can pilot a spaceship? Get outta here.

Come up with decent material like Force Kick.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This was the best 4/10 manga I've read. I wonder how it wouldve gone without executive pressure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I also agree that Zenitsu should've died so Kanroji could live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

i'll be a zenitsu hater until i die

I'm not saying you can't be or you that you should stop.

But no matter how much you hate Zenitsu, you'll never hate him more than he already hates himself and I think that's beautiful.