Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I like how Tanjirou never gives up :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime is being produced by Ufotable.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zerilan posted:

It's largely unremarkable writing with some really good character moments, some real visually neat fights, and a very good boy.

Pretty much. I'm conflicted since I'm glad it is moving forward vs BE which has been at the same thing for over a decade until the last few months.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I figured Tokito was dead but I didn't expect them to kill Genya too. They really just killed 2 important characters in one chapter and tried to stuff the emotional impact of both of them into 15 pages. I'm not feeling this one, sorry. This arc is messy as hell and I find it hard to care about these characters dropping like flies at this point, even when I really liked them before.

I mean, I feel bad but not as sad as I could have been since IDR parts of their backstories. Still not over Rengoku and the entire train arc as One of the Saddest Anime Moments.

I hope Giyuu lives though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/hey_esmith/status/1187445117562408960

I'm hyped for his appearance in the anime in ... a few yrs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

sometimes I wonder what this series would be if nezuko was a real character and not a mascot/macguffin

Probably less popular but so it goes. I've come to accept that nezuko will be forever limited by plot reasons from achieving her full potential as a character.

I did have fun along the journey though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

These last-minute realizations not really changing my thoughts on anything other than I wish I had more time with these side characters who will probably die soon. I feel like the last volume has a lot of background info that is just info dumped and I just ... don't feel the connection.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sindai posted:

If you think you feel sad now wait until next chapter when we get the cat's flashback

omg idk if i could handle that info :sigh:

A photo of better days from the past.

Alder fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 7, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

KnY the total opposite of shonen battle arcs where it takes decades to progress from one place to another each time.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Please no dont end it that quickly i want more chapters of this its going too fast

(perhaps there is a reason for how fast this is going as a metaphor for how the characters are living short and brutal lives)

Maybe they will add side stories once the series ends.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I admit I'm totally lost despite reading every weekly ch and at the point, I wonder if it's worth re-reading the manga.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

If anything I will always rmb this series for the cute cats.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Not a smart child.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

So uh spoilers are out for this chapter and it's a pretty big one.

Tanjirou loses an arm. Muzan transforms into his "true form"(a giant baby) and desperately tries to escape as the sun comes up but the pillars block him. He disintegrates in the sun as the chapter ends. Nezuko still hasn't arrived.

Wow :sigh:

drat, I expected Nezuko to arrive like chapters ago but that's lol esp the giant baby. TBH, the series started to decline pretty rapidly the last few vol so I didn't expect anything but I'm still disappointed.

I will rmb the series for the highlights Shinobu, Inozuke, crows, Giyuu, and Butterfly manor.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone still excited about potential S2? I'm like actually maybe S1 and the movie should be all there is since the following vol was blah.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

The Red Light District arc? Yeah I liked that arc, but it felt like it would NEVER end.

I liked the Red Light district I meant the ending and the ch leading up to it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I would say the part where I started to lose interest was the final battle after Shinobu's arc and then I kept thinking well, surely I can tolerate the last few ch but nezuko just never did anything . I mean, the entire time I thought huh she is supporting character so the manga-ka would include it but nah.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Let's not forget the amazing love story b/t tanjiro and giyuu :shrug:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Not gonna lie, I would legit love if there's a sequel series where it's entirely focused on Nezuko trying to bring Tanjiro back to life, accompanied by Inosuke and Zenitsu as they search for the lily and find weird poo poo along the way.

I would still be perfectly fine with it ending right now, though.

I'm OK w/people dying in final battles. Although I would support a sequel where Nezuko and Giyuu have to figure out now what and how to live their lives now that their entire family is gone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Patware posted:

is KnY going to be the first shounen to run and end without a tournament arc???

because it's clearly about to end

Idm since I find the tourney arc to be boring.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Relin posted:

hope the series doesnt start limping along like so many other manga that continued past a good end point only because they sold well

*laughs* holding copies of DGM and Blue Excorist

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jim Dwyer posted:

As dramatic a twist as this is, I doubt that Tanjiro is going to cross the point of no return of killing someone and this probably ends quickly with Nezuko saving him as a parallel to the start of the manga.

:same:

This would be a neat way to end the series like in the end Tanjiro is saved by the one person who could understand his suffering.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh I don't think nezuko's role or average screen time would have been any different if it had taken way longer to reach this point

I'm just glad it ended quickly so we can move on to the next arc.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Whether it ends here or there's a new arc this arc has been deeply unsatisfactory. I don't think I've been engaged with this manga since Azaka died.

:yeah:

I will embrace the journey than the destination though since most manga have terribly written endings so. I do want the series end sooner than later since dragging it would be an even greater disappointment to me.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I mean, I didn't expect him to kill his sister and his friends so maybe there is still hope? Also, pulling out the 3rd vial of medicine lol

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm glad everyone ended up being happy even the cat.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm glad Kanao was OK too.

I'm going to say that the ending is going to be a retelling of how everyone went back their normal lives as humans for now and died peacefully.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm not sure if I prefer the 100 ch later version ending vs the rushed ending. Well, if they do S2 at least we know how it will all end.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Patware posted:

zenitsu deserves nothing

I p disappointed in the final pairings now lol. I can live w/tanji but really nezuko? What did she do to suffer like so?

So final rating 6/10 just for that final chapter.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I read this comment in the other place but now it's bothering since I read the actual ch: So a descendant of Tanjiro x Kanao and a descendant of Nezuko x Zenitsu got together?

I wish I didn't see that b/c now I'm even more conflicted :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eh my avg manga series is 7 so just slightly below avg but Tanji and his anime VA did sell the idea that yeah, demons used to be people and they deserved better lives but so it goes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair only because he’s a main character. If he was just a side character his creepy ness and all about horrible demeanor would be lessened

yeah...I kept hoping he would get better but then the series ended and his great grandson was like that.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I feel like if we put Zenitsu on a bus the series wouldn't have changed much except for the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

Promised Neverland doing Demon Slayer a huge favor by deciding to eclipse the latter's terrible finale completely and utterly

RIP

I'm glad I left that series early since it was just so depressing.