Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
seems like kind of a missed opportunity to not reincarnate some of the moons too, but it's possible goutoge was short on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it's a retcon if it contradicts previously established information. we've been told basically nothing about the blue spider lily up until now so there's really nothing to contradict. also it's not really "making muzan an idiot" so much as " making it abundantly clear that muzan's ultimate downfall was always his own selfishness/paranoia/ego;" like if he'd formed genuine bonds with humans or just not been a complete psycho he might've found it, but because he adamantly refused to let any of his minions go without a failsafe that lets him kill them at will, he was doomed from the start.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
muzan having a family he genuinely loved would undermine the themes of the manga for the sake of some wishy-washy attempt at moral ambiguity, he has never been painted as anything other than a deranged manchild who is incapable of caring about anyone but himself. it is the source of every problem in his life and his ultimate undoing. he is an object of pity to be contrasted with tanjirou and nezuko, who by this point have both been turned into demons themselves, but were able to overcome their transformations and find redemption through the bonds of love they had formed.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
zenitsu is my precious garbage son and i will fight for his honor.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
idk i thought his showdown with kaigaku was pretty badass.