Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'd heard good things about this (it rocketing to #1 in Japan and then also ending recently helped get it onto my radar) and I binged the whole manga over like four days. About 50 chapters in I went and looked up the anime, watched a few episodes, and honestly the anime seems like it's going to be all around flat-out better than the manga. The bold, vibrant lines and the coloring just adds so much to the storytelling compared to the scratchy, sometimes neurotic linework in the manga and the often difficult-to-decipher fight scenes.

Still an enjoyable manga though. I went from thinking Muzan was a fantastic villain, to being really "meh" on them, then thinking they was great again after how these ending chapters went.

I didn't really have problems with the pacing of the manga. Obviously it's clear Gotoge had to quickly wrap things up, but I'm not sure the manga would've benefited from having dedicated arcs for each of the Demon Moons, and it was already established earlier on that Muzan was willing to just cut straight to the chase when they splattered all the Lower Moons after Rui -- so it's not too much of a stretch that Muzan goes straight into their stronghold instead of wasting time faffing around.

It looks like the anime will be setting up for 3 full seasons, right? If you take the Infinity Train to its own movie then the remaining content seems to be just enough for two seasons: Red Light/Swordsmith/Pillar for the second season, Infinity Castle for the final season. Unless, of course, they add filler to expand on the characters and give us more downtime in between battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU