Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
With the sole exception of Linkle, all of the original characters in the nintendo crossover warriors games have sat somewhere between bland (every original character in FEW, Lana, Volgo, Wizzro) and complete garbage (Cia, Astor). And honestly much as I enjoy Linkle, she's really also pretty bland, but carried entirely by a ton of charm and a very fun weaponset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Charming with fun moves = bland apparently?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Considering Link is in Hyrule Warriors and is the most boring character in the entire roster, that's a stretch.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
At least they gave Link a little bit of personality, with him becoming cocky and overconfident after getting the Master Sword and charging by himself into enemy armies because "I'm the legendary hero, they can't do poo poo to me."

It's just a shame that this had to be explained by the narrator in between levels because Link is unable to express himself.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Cia is The Best actually, and both she and Lana deserve to be properly canon. Just give me a purple and blue time puzzle somewhere Nintendo.

Also Khoga and the Yiga are such weird villains because like...I'm not sure they care about being villains at all. They're mostly just goofs that gently caress around in the desert and eat bananas. It's just that this is the only job that will still let them use their sweet ninja magic as opposed to just becoming farmers like the rest of the Shiekah.

Oh, and I know FE:W gets poo poo on a lot, but AoC reeeally could have used something like the bond system. Half the entire appeal of the game is seeing the Champions interact with each other and with the ones who took after them, but the only ones that get so much as lip service are Mipha and Sidon. The bond scenes weren't much, but having just *one* conversation between everyone would have made the game feel more fleshed out.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Flytrap posted:

Also Khoga and the Yiga are such weird villains because like...I'm not sure they care about being villains at all. They're mostly just goofs that gently caress around in the desert and eat bananas. It's just that this is the only job that will still let them use their sweet ninja magic as opposed to just becoming farmers like the rest of the Shiekah.

I suspect this is why Sooga was created for AoC because Kohga isn't threatening in the slightest, which is fine because everyone loves the funny banana ninja master.