Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man, I wish this game had more Link's Awakening references. That was such a neat game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Your Computer posted:

I mean, they released a Link's Awakening DLC with a Link's Awakening map and a Link's Awakening playable character. That's more Link's Awakening than Nintendo has done since, well... Link's Awakening :v:

god I love that game

Link's Awakening music and playable stages

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also a Link's Awakening remake done in the style of its 90's as all hell anime style

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Katsuya Terada, I think is the guy who did those cool as all hell alttp/la arts

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

It does seem to be the series' MO to hold some stuff back against the possibility of a sequel, even if one never comes. In addition to the lack of Oracle content, there's nothing from Minish Cap (imagine a map that's just some gigantic house), no Gerudo representative, no Groose, no Beedle, a relatively small number of humanized bosses, understandably nothing from Breath of the Wild, and on and on.

I will never forgive KT for not including Groose with a miniaturized Groosenator/bazooka

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Groose has a memorable design, a catchy theme song, a well done character arc even if it's somewhat cliche, and has the potential of using an interesting weapon. What's not to like

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yet to find a fairy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wizzro and Volga both have the honor of being the most insanely annoying enemies you can fight, Wizzro because his bullethell poo poo hits you too much and Volga because he breaks guard and never stops attacking

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
God, why is skull kid's unlock tied to a darunia level, gross

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So is he called Skull Kid because that's the name of his species or because he's the forest imp who used to wear a skull mask

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wasted opportunity Young Link doesn’t get the razor sword or the gilded sword

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

What’s the best way to grind, if that’s even recommended? For materials? Levels?

Still really not feeling this last Wind Waker map.

Just play the game, chug the occasional material potion and be liberal with the training dojo because some characters like Agatha or Volga are absolute misery to play as unless over leveled

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zore posted:

Lol, what? Volga's like the most ezmode character in the game.

God help you if you accidentally C5 though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man Phantom Ganon is obnoxious to fight

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Viridiant posted:

Once I figured out how easy it is to cheese the maps where every attack is devastating by just using arrows, those became my favorite maps to unlock things on. The level of all of those maps is 1. It doesn't matter if it says it's level 10. It's actually 1.

Link with the master sword or Zelda with the baton are indispensable for those levels

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

You will loathe that event like the plague. If you don't make sure that the Hylian Captain makes it back safe and sound to the Allied Base, he will come back as a Hylian Ghost and bring all sorts of misfortunes on your army like making everyone flee (if the map allows a secondary character, them fleeing makes the game think they died which is why you lost) or taking away your Rupees, lowering your allies' morale, etc.
This happened to me, but I didn’t lose

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

What I want to know is, is there a way to tell what food boosts what element? I remember seeing it in the 3DS version but I haven't spotted it in the Switch one yet. My light fairy learned a lightning skill and that confused me. I don't have a lightning fairy yet.

You can see what element skill a fairy is most likely to learn if you press like, Y or X or something on the food part of the My Fairy screen

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am FAIRLY certain that you need 1600 kills if it's a mission lvl. 5 and above or if it's a weapon upgrade mission
FAIRLY sure
Might be talking out my rear end though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is Skull Kid's laser eyes attack straight up the best attack in the game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Leal posted:

I love Link's Master Sword cause its like, no gimmicks, no flashy moves, he's just a hard rear end mother fucker that is going to wreck poo poo.

Sword beams with full health

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

Level him up to 60-70 or so if you want to. By that point, Ganon's Fury does offer quite a lot of giant boss materials for relatively little time.

Also, incidentally, but compared to Fire Emblem Warriors, this game feels pretty... rushed. Incomplete. It seems to take one step back for every two steps forward, and I can't help but feel that it's predecessors were more finished games.

Way more fun though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

Pretty much. It has to do with memory leakage from what I've heard, so the game occasionally crashes once the memory becomes too much to handle.

You can tell when it's happening when the floor textures start freaking out or you can see enemy health bars through walls

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Pierson posted:

Which character does the Great Seas adventure map want who has a weird purpleish-blue masked head? I can't figure it out.

Skull Kid?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Folt is a staunch defender of Fire Emblem Warriors so expect him to dunk (or attempt to) on HW each chance he gets. Take it with a grain of salt.
(Sorry Folt my dude)

lmao that he says hw feels rushed and incomplete compared to fire emblem only like 11 movesets and half the dlc characters are clones of regular characters warriors

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

How many Mario characters are there?

Do Not Pursue Shy Guy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Rirse posted:

gently caress the level 3 map for Impa's default weapon. Why yes I want turncoat soldiers, sniper plants who I have to waste time going around the map killing, and loving Link and Fi roaming around all while I can't heal. :fuckoff:

Grind like hell, and her weak weak strong combo is great for wps

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FPzero posted:

Play them as Young Link, I finally got a Focus Spirit use over 1000 KOs last night. :black101:

SettingSun posted:

I just started the Great Sea map and these "get as many KOs as possible" missions are awesome. The enemy density makes it so satisfying.

After doing ten of those that last 10 minutes each though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

Didn't Brawl reveal Snake and Sonic then make them unlockable?

Snake was in the very first trailer and yeah he was an unlockable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man wouldn’t it be nice if we had more dlc characters or weapons
Replace epona with the master cycle zero