Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Scrap Dragon posted:

Impa gets a lot more useable when you realize her C4 combo absorbs all the symbols you’ve set at once

WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Divine Beast segments would be totally worth it if the enemies had drops like they do in normal battles, but alas.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm glad that mission rankings seem to be only for Rupees now, no more losing out on a new weapon because my time was 15:01 or cuz I took more than 4 hearts of damage.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Another question: I’ve gotten a few random pieces of armor for Link from beating story missions. Do you get the other pieces from specific sets later on? Or do you get them for going back and beating the story missions on higher difficulty levels?

I got the Desert Voe chestpiece from Urbosa's recruitment mission and the leggings and head from side missions later on, so yeah I don't think higher difficulty does anything beyond making the game harder.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Loading screen controls as I've discovered them:

- L and R moves left and right, double tap to dash.
- B Jumps
- X makes the blowhole bob, pressing again makes it stop

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Specials do a lot of damage (and freeze the timer for their duration) so don't forget to use those.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It can get harder when you're 1v1, like against a hinox or a talos, but I've found that using Impa's ZR while airborne is a safe (if time consuming) way to safely get symbols. Might be riskier than I think though, need to experiment more.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Kinda. General rule of thumb for Warriors games, don't worry too much about getting good weapon skills until you get to the postgame.

Leveling up weapons to get them stronger is still worthwhile though, since a high level weapon gives way more experience when used as fusion material, so the investment isn't wasted when you find a stronger one.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Use the Master Sword and sword beam everything into submission.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I think I know who we all want for DLC:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Okay, I can safely say I was not expecting to like Yunobo this much.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I have two questions:

1. Is there eventually an upgrade that gives you the locations of korok seeds on the minimap like there is for treasure chests, or am I going to have to rely on online maps to find these little guys?

2. Is Vah Rudania the worst Divine Beast, or is there a trick to using it that I'm just not getting? Any time I play as it I wind up taking so much damage because my only reliable way to kill a lot of things is to march up and stomp on them.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Nah, Naboris is clearly the best.

I'd rank them as:

1. Vah Naboris (Lightning Camel)
2. Vah Medoh (Laser Bird)
3. Vah Rutah (Ice Elephant)
4. Vah Rudania (Flame Gecko)

Best part of Naboris was discovering how to get infinite lightning mode going.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Haven't cleared the game yet, but yeah I've got cane sugar and courser honey glued to my Sheikah Sensor to make drat sure I buy them every time.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The traveling merchants who visit stables will pay more for a specific class of item, and the one they like will be highlighted in the sell menu.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Well I wound up selling a bunch of stuff before I knew about the traveling merchants thing, so you're in good company.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If they do it like HW1, then we'll get a new world map and a bunch of new missions with each set of new characters. If we're lucky, these will be released with free updates that include bug fixes, QoL updates, probably new recipes and also increasing the level cap.

Chances are that new characters will start low leveled, if not level 1 but the training camp seems pretty cheap ruppee wise so maybe that won't be a problem.

All that being said, Age of Calamity is different enough from the first game that I'm not sure how accurate any of that will be.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So Zelda’s second weapon is basically the Young Link of this game right, as in her Super is a new form and you want her in that about as much as you possibly can

In theory, I personally don't think it lives up to the Fierce Deity Murder Machine though.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Spoiler warning here, but I found a Google doc linked on Reddit where they listed out the level 25 and 30 hidden weapon seals for all the weapons. Something I did not realize is that these differ between the tier 1, 2, and 3 weapons for characters, and Link obviously has dozens of combination. There are also other weapons that get the Korok Detector skill, so that's cool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ci8hBndMf9jIRC_sYzZaKWhWt9UVw9Ee8PyhlbQ-eHA/edit#gid=129604727

I haven't hit 25 in any of my weapons yet, so I had no idea any of this was a thing. It's a really rad way of doing weapons rather than just "Higher Tier = More Better"

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Selling Bokoblin parts is the best way I've found to get lots of rupees. Even just doing Egg Pudding and Egg Tart with no other seals on an average story mission will net me about 100-200 fangs and horns, plus 50-100 guts, which is probably about 10,000 to 20,000 rupees if you sell to the travelling Rito merchant.

There's also a good side mission called Chief-of-the-Dunes Battle that's quick to play and has about 1100 bokoblins to kill and can be done with anyone. Great place for collecting parts and trying out characters.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Taking a base gives you three treasure chests with goodies, so I always take all of them

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I’ve noticed that a lot of move sets are a lot less jank then in HW, Koei really pulled out the stops for this game.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

Everyone must do their part. :colbert:

In other news, I've discovered even more evidence that Teba is a merciless death machine that bows before neither kings nor gods; Mid-air attack damage is one of the biggest potential bonuses in the game, up to 20% with the ++ seal, and potentially increasing to 22% with synergy.

All of Teba's spammable strong attacks are considered mid-air attacks. :getin:

And since his best weapon has a 24% mid air attack bonus as a hidden seal, with a properly maxed out weapon, all of Teba's strong attacks are boosted by an absolutely ludicrous 112%. :black101:

(Well, except his C5, but we've already established that's his worst move that should never be used.)

Wait, I was under the impression that the mid-air damage boost applied to enemies you were juggling, not whether or not your character was airborne. If it's the way you described then that's amazing.

Turpitude posted:

My fave combo right now is 1hand link's YYYYX tornado followed by YYYX in the air. It's overkill but I will never stop

Sword and Board Link is just a really solid moveset, it's decently powerful, maxes out quickly so you're at full potential very early into the game and just generally has an answer for everything.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Red Minjo posted:

There's a separate one for that.

Spergatory posted:

They are two different bonuses. Mid-air attack damage, and Damage to mid-air enemies.

Well gently caress me, I'd been completely ignoring those skills because I'm bad at juggling.

Zore posted:

It's one of the strongest movesets in the game with basically no downsides.

The downside is that I'm really bad at not getting hit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I'm about to start what I'm pretty sure is the last story mission and I've gotta say

this game is really fun

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Some of them have Ethereal stones as rewards, and those are used in some upgrade quests so kinda?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hair Width Expert+ can gently caress right off. The Octorok placement is brutal, and the last area is full of archers.

Yeah, the last area took me 10-15 tries. My strategy by the end was to carefully make my way to the Lynel, killing everything along the way, and once I'd gotten its attention luring to an area with no enemies and then using a combination of rods, specials, stasis, and WPS to finally kill it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Just to be clear, that's for chests that drop from enemies. There are also treasures around the stages that you do have to walk up to and smack them to open.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, you eventually get an upgrade that labels them on your map. They can have materials, weapons, or rupees and don't respawn once you collect them.

Then there's also chests in monster houses or on top of monster towers, the wood structures that you can climb up and fight monsters on. For these, best thing to do is throw bombs at them, it will immediately destroy them and kill all the monsters, and in the case of the towers it will drop the chest down to ground level.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Is it weird that I find myself missing the pair-up mechanic from FE Warriors?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I know you get better weapon drops during a blood moon. I did the harder version of Revali's recruitment stage and got nothing but tier 3 weapons for my characters. I think material drop rates improve as well but I'm not sure.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Given how HW1 was, I fully expect that to get some QOL updates down the line

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Warrior's Dojo put out a new video and... is Riju good actually?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Warriors Dojo has a new video on why Sheikah Slate Zelda is busted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5ypNAaQRQ

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Here's hoping that other characters besides Link will get different outfits.

Also let me change the colors of Zelda's winter coat dammit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Zaggitz posted:

Whats a good way to get lots of wood? I'm in the postgame and a bunch of upgrades require lots of it.

Make an effort to chop down trees. The first mission has a bunch if you want to grind for them.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

So I think I've found the fastest way to farm rupees, which is to cook the drop rate food to bump yourself up to +45%, add on any bonus you get from weapons, and then grind the desert mission with 1000+ weak enemies for parts to sell.

However, how the hell to I get the store clerk who pays double for monster parts to appear? Is it random?

Also these last missions you unlock after getting the final character are supposed to be brutal even on the easy difficulty yeah?

I've got a max level link and couldn't get the Fort mission completed due to the time constraints and boss health bars.

If you're talking about Siege of Fort Hateno, the timer only goes down if there's a guardian in your base. Keep someone posted there and switch to them any time you see a dot moving towards the right side of the screen.

Incidentally, I find that mission a good place to farm weapons, though if there's a blood moon out I'll go for that just for variety's sake.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
From personal experience it’s just randomly picked after every stage

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
For some reason, I didn't have any problems with the Hair Width Trials until the very last part of the last mission (which was a new level of bullshit, admittedly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Unfortunately you need all the korok seeds to complete all the quests and get that sweet, sweet scarf for Link.