Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
In the options menu, there is a toggle to turn 8-bit weapons on and off.

If you turn that off, do you lose out on the weapons entirely or are they given some kind of special modern graphics or something?

edit: or is it mostly just a joke option that skin-swaps some weapons into being blocky, NES colored versions of themselves?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
How does search work in Adventure Mode? I'm on a square whose A rank reward says search required, so I spend money on both candles and bombs and light/bomb every object on the screen and get nothing, having spent like 100k rupees.

Do objects that can be searched glow or something?
Do you really just have to hunt and peck on every single thing in on the stage, spending 10 grand per click?
Does the square tell you exactly what object you need to use to complete the "search?"

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Just uh... use a compass? :stare:

So how does that work? I don't have a compass yet and they don't show up in the item shop. I don't really remember the game telling me this stuff.

When you get a compass, do you just use it on an arena which then... what? Does it tell you what item you need to use on what square to reveal the prize?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Does the game ever specifically tell you what will be needed to achieve A rank on each battle? The ones I'm seeing now show rewards for A rank, but not how to achieve A rank.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
This game is funny. There are so many things about it that could and should be done better, but the moment to moment gameplay is hugely fun and addictive, and there's like 8 metric poo poo tons of stuff to do and content unlock, and it's setup to be one of those games that's basically infinitely replayable.

I can see myself spending hundreds of hours playing this.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Viridiant posted:

So what's the best way to grind levels/rupees?

I'd like to know this too.

Also, is it really a requirement for every hidden item on the adventure maps that you have to:

1. use a compass to reveal the spot on the map
2. use the required item to reveal the "peculiar spot" that the compass highlights

?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

You don't need to use the compass if you are able to identify the location of the peculiar spot by other means.

Other means? Like educated guessing?

vvv okay cool, good to know, thanks.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 25, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Do you have to physically pick up materials and weapons as you play or does the game just put them in your inventory as they spawn, whether you “collect“ them or not?

I’d think you would have to, but I remember hearing somewhere that you don’t, so I’m asking.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
What are the best practices for upgrading weapons?

Is it as simple as “keep the highest damage weapon with the most slots, upgrade abilities for that weapon as you see fit, sell the rest?” Obviously the responsible min/maxer is going to want multiple upgraded weapons, one a lot of damage upgrades, one with farming upgrades, etc.

For damage though, is it better to upgrade individual combos, or your primary elemental type? Do upgrades for damage reflect themselves in the damage number associated with the weapon?

Also, is any given character more likely to find upgrades for their own weapons, or is it all random for everybody?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 31, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
This thread is awesome and hugely informative. Thanks everybody!

I have a question about weapon upgrades though, specifically about weapon levels. Let’s take Link and the Hylian Sword as an example. Am I understanding this correctly by assuming that the Knight’s Sword would be the Level 1 Hylian Sword, the White Sword would be Level 2, the Magical Sword is Level 3, and so on?

If that’s the case, let’s say I unlock the Level 2 weapon, the White Sword. Three questions:

1. Does the White Sword function any differently (besides being more powerful) than the Knight’s Sword or is it simply a skin change indicating a different weapon level?
2. Assuming 0 upgrade slots filled on each weapon, are Level n+1 weapons always more powerful than Level n weapons?
2. Once I unlock the White Sword, will the Level 1 version of this weapon, the Knight’s Sword, keep randomly dropping? In other words, once I get into the late game, am I going to be dealing with mountains of vendor trash low level weapons I can only sell?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 1, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Thanks guys.

Oh hey why are they called Level 4+ weapons and not Level 5 weapons?

Also, where do the 8-bit weapons fall into this whole mess? Are they the final, best levels of each weapon where they exist? I know you can turn them off in the options menu, how does that work?

vvv edit: Thanks!

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 1, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT: 8-Bit weapons are skins for Lv. 4+ weapons. Basically, they're skins of the Lv. 4+ weapons whose weapon type had an unlockable 8-Bit version in OG Hyrule Warriors; basically any weapon that appeared in the base version of that game.

In the options menu, there’s an 8-bit Weapon on/off toggle. I’m assuming setting it to “off” doesn’t actually disable those weapons from the game entirely, but rather simply makes the game retain the Level 4 weapon skins on the Level 4+ weapons where the 8-bit skins would have been, correct?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Redead Knights are a horrible enemy from a design perspective. The best thing about this game, the thing that makes it fun, is the combination of killing and attacking lots and lots of things all the time and always being on the move. These enemies totally destroy the rhythm of the game in a frustrating way.

Who thought it would be a cool, fun thing to have an enemy who constantly spams AoE attacks that freeze the player and that has an extremely rare and narrow interrupt opportunity.

Edit: bitching aside, for an actual question and possibly thread contribution, is it generally recommended to do one adventure map at a time, sticking with it until you 100% the thing, or should you skip around?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 4, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Oyster posted:

Special attacks trigger through being frozen and clear their WPG in one hit.

What do you mean? What special attacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I think I'd rather they just announce a new Nintendo series to "Warrior-ize" at e3.

How many Mario characters are there?