Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

no Gerudo representative

ganondorf: "what am i, chopped liver"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Getting hit while blocking pushes you back, it’s easy to get stuck in a block-stun loop, and guards break very easily anyway. Blocking sucks in this game.

nope, it's pretty much crucial to beating enemy characters without hoping for the bastard gods of RNG to favor you

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Calaveron posted:

God, why is skull kid's unlock tied to a darunia level, gross

you take back what you said about my jovial rock husband

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

I want this man's Volga. I lost one of the easy as beans quiz levels like 5 times because I was forced into Wizzro and Volga used his charged claw and dragon fire about 60 times a second and they both break shield without opening him up.

Seriously, Volga for me is worse than the Imprisonned

when volga first unlocked as a playable character i deliberately let him die over and over again as revenge

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sheik is so busted as a character that it feels like a joke on the devs' part

"why yes she does have some of the best officer-killing potential of the OG cast and she does have some of the highest agility and highest attack power and this one technique of hers does make her invulnerable with no downside, why do you ask"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

When you're just starting out, that is basically Sheik in a nutshell. hard-hitting, invulnerable, and with fast attacks.

But then she starts to lose a bit of her luster when you hit the endgame/postgame, when enemies in general start hitting hard and down your shield in one hit. at that point, her low damage starts to tank her damage output as well and she can't rely on her special to get high damage like the others because Sheik has the weakest special in the game (because you can technically spam it). And her best damage dealer at that point requires her to set it up or it's going to be rather useless. That said, postgame she's still better than a lot of the others, even though she is no longer the best character.

her fire seal is probably one of the best officer killers in the game because the AI is too stupid to guard against an attack on a time delay

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's something funny about Folt being adamant that Shiek is bad (or at the very least drops off) then you go on youtube and the guy who mains hyrule warriors and has created guides for every installment/walkthroughs for literally everything goes "Nah Shiek is actually the best in the entire game outside Master Sword (unlocked) Link"

Fun reasoning behind his picks and I can't exactly disagree with most of it.

the crazy YouTube walkthrough man is correct

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SettingSun posted:

This game is cool and good. I'm somewhat of a rookie so I have a question: Is there any reason to use anything but the Master Sword when you get it while playing as Link? It eclipses every other weapon he has. I assume he'll get stronger ones in the future but that seems a ways off.

link's gloves are a) better, and b) hilarious

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hope the memory leak gets patched out, at least

the nonsense with undocked mode i can live with, but having a bethesda-esque "lol you played too long, game now broke" bug in a musou game is unnecessarily stressful

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Linkle has absolutely no chill :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BattyKiara posted:

Can anyone tell me how to play Midna and Agitha? I don't get their thing at all.

And Fi is absolute rubbish. Any mission requiring me to play Fi gets skipped for now.

Spam Midna’s C3 (the dog shuriken). Nothing else. Playing her is a bore because that one attack is so much better than everything else in her repertoire.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

The ground-slapping while running is her best attack, fite me

it's more entertaining but her basic combo is so bad that substituting in the C3 whenever possible is best

it hits for a ton of damage even on blocking officers and comes out too fast to be interrupted, plus it gives her a little bit of cover directly behind as well

most of midna's attacks have the same weakness as zant's in that they leave her way too open, even her C1 is borderline useless

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the gate's boosted C4 pretty much melts everything, but agreed in that its basic combo is a waste of valuable time

the tier 3 mission for that weapon was miserable in the original game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that and the health loss threshold for A rank is now so high that it might as well not even exist, which is ideal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rirse posted:

I would love to unlock her, but the level where she at needs a item to unlock and I can't get to it due to it having a really lovely map where you must use regular Zelda on it. And even through she level 60, one hit from any unique enemy does about eight hearts of damage.

Don't go that way. Head south instead.

I made the same mistake and unlocked her like 30 hours later than I should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oyster posted:

I A-ranked every mission on Wii U. I A-ranked every mission on 3DS. Didn't get all the medals because I didn't streetpass for rental skills and that killed my drive for em. Now I'm finishing Cucco's Fury on Switch before diving back into the maps.

Now I have a time limit. Oof.

the switch version's requirements for A-ranks are outrageously generous, to the point where they might as well not exist at all

and thank god for that, many of the hero map nodes in the Wii U version had health reqs so strict they'd dock you if a single stalchild kicked you in the shin