Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Taear posted:

This is the worst warriors game in terms of performance in co-op I've ever played. It's practically unplayable.
I've seen reviews mention it but things like - I can't see the top of enemies at all. So I can't see what they're doing and can't counter their attacks. Because of the constant horrible lag I'm wall jumping when I try to evade all the loving time as well, it's really annoying that it's the same button.

It's so unbelievably disappointing. I'm not saying Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem warriors were AMAZING in co-op but they at least worked

Yeah, I'm still enjoying playing co-op with my roommate but I'm probably gonna revisit all of the story missions in single-player once we're done just to be able to play with a full view of everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

I'm gonna jump in on Age of Calamity in a couple days. This is my first musou but I got the gist of things from osmosis and playing the demo a good deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Speaking from experience: If you've played the demo extensively and enjoyed it as your first musou experience, you'll love the full game!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

I guess in my head it mostly depends on what's in the basement. If that mummy was Aster then 2 could dwell into who he is and why he did things, and how it backfired into becoming a rotting vessel.

Gotta admit, I hadn't thought of this possibility until I read this - that would certainly make for an interesting way to tie AoC into the official canon

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you can’t deal with periodic choppiness do not play co-op, it doesn’t happen often but when there’s a lot going on on-screen frame rates dip into the single digits when playing co-op

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Gonna guess Wave 1 is playable Purah and Robbie with the Ancient Lab poo poo including some cutscenes about their research or whatever, based on the few shots of new material from the trailer

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wasn’t evidence of Robbie and Purah as playable found in the game’s files? That plus the first wave explicitly mentioning the Research Lab makes me think it’ll be the other way around, that we’ll get them first

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’m super surprised it isn’t Robbie and Purah, the trailer and the new challenges in the Lab made it seem like it couldn’t be anybody else

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My money's on Sooga being the other character, given that he's highlighted in the trailer and has pre-existing voiceover recordings

mabels big day posted:

Only thing I actually want is Kass

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Beedle is in BotW so he hasn't been born yet, and Nintendo probably does not want to do the "This is Beedle's grandfather who happens to look exactly like him" thing.

I feel like Nintendo doesn’t really give a gently caress, seeing as how Beedle is in both BotW - the last of the series, chronologically - and Skyward Sword - the first of the series, chronologically - without any sort of hint that they’re not the same Beedle

What I’m saying is, Beedle is immortal