Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This is a cool and good thread for a cool and good game :yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Man, I wish this game had more Link's Awakening references. That was such a neat game

I mean, they released a Link's Awakening DLC with a Link's Awakening map and a Link's Awakening playable character. That's more Link's Awakening than Nintendo has done since, well... Link's Awakening :v:

god I love that game

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
when I think of Link I still think of this design

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

I'm the person who's bummed the Oracle games got no rep in this game. There's a bunch of cool poo poo in those games that they probably could of pulled from. The obvious is the Rod of Seasons, but then you got stuff like Roc's Cape, the animal friends, and the magnet gloves and switch hook.

Now I'm sad I can't smash mooks with my good boy, the absolute unit

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
where's the shopkeeper DLC with Malo, Beedle and :shopkeeper:

Nintendo please

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just picked the Zelda scheme when first getting the game and at this point it's too late to switch :negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Playing through Legend mode again and the ability to switch between characters mid-mission owns. I missed out on that due to skipping the 3DS version.

This plus the owl statues make the game so much better.

I mean, I still stress out like mad when playing this game but oh god it was so much worse in the Wii U version when you had to run across the entire map all the time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had forgotten how long the story mode was... it just keeps going.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

It was a pretty cool surprise getting to play as Ganondorf then after I thought the game was over.

yeah, that part owns

this time I ended up playing as Ghirahim though. God drat he's amazing :stwoon:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

We naturally need BOTW DLC that involves Cia Link wanting to gently caress Prince Sidon.

get it right

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

They could compete for his affections.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

How does search work in Adventure Mode? I'm on a square whose A rank reward says search required, so I spend money on both candles and bombs and light/bomb every object on the screen and get nothing, having spent like 100k rupees. Do objects that can be searched glow or something? Or do you really just have to hunt and peck on every single thing in on the stage, spending 10 grand per click?

Just uh... use a compass? :stare:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

So how does that work? I don't have a compass yet and they don't show up in the item shop. I don't really remember the game telling me this stuff.

When you get a compass, do you just use it on an arena which then... what? Does it tell you what item you need to use on what square to reveal the prize?

There should be a compass on one of the first squares of the first map. You just use it like you would use any other item and it will reveal which tile needs an item used on it (it will sparkle).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

This game designed for blocking, despite having a dodge button.

I played the Wii U and 3ds versions without knowing there's a block button.

I swear the game never tells you about blocking, I swear! :negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Would it even be the Imprisoned if it didn't suck to fight it? :thunk:

RatHat posted:

Anyone else getting lots of graphical glitches? It seems to only happen after playing for an extended period.
There's apparently a nasty memory leak. Just close the game and re-launch it once in a while to avoid that stuff.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ElegantFugue posted:

I don't MIND that one? But oh my god game stop playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTFPE6yrbY at the end of every single map, it sucks. One of the bigger upgrades in Fire Emblem Warriors was that its standard "switch to this track for the last quarter of a level" tracks were all really good, but Kumite or whatever is just annoying.

gently caress I'm getting stressed just listening to it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Though poo poo despawns if there are too many drops starting with the oldest stuff so grabbing mats is still a good practice if you see em.

Whaaaaat? And the despawned stuff isn't counted at the end of the mission?

I already have too much stuff to handle, I can't be running around trying to pick up stuff too :negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like that the Master Sword is so overpowered. It's a boring weapon and I usually use other stuff, but if I struggle with the cooler weapons then it's nice to be able to just pull out the I.W.I.N. stick and get it over with :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How big of a power upgrade is getting those weapons early? Are we talking "steamroll everything else" level or just "makes everything much easier"?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

I think I'd rather they just announce a new Nintendo series to "Warrior-ize" at e3.
preferably a series with a lot of distinct and memorable characters

like animal crossing :getin:

Bongo Bill posted:

Dynasty Warios
this is also very good however

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The problem with combining Zelda and Fire Emblem is that Zelda roolz, FE droolz

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Rescuing people is such a pain since if I miss where they're yelling from it becomes a guessing game where they're at. That and it just interrupts the flow of what you're doing to run back, touch them and come back. Love the game otherwise though.
If you go into the menu and find the previous messages, I'm pretty sure it'll show on the map where they come from.

The game seems to heavily rely on you pausing and looking through the menus every 10 seconds.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hasn't every single Smash game had hidden characters that were only discovered once the game launched? If there are any more characters in Smashu, that's probably where they'll be.

Linkle won't be in Smash, feel free to quote me on this

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The biggest change from the 3ds version is probably that it actually runs decently well and it can render more than 10 enemies on the screen at once :pram:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You should also check out the GamesBrained videos on the different characters/weapons if you want some in-depth explanations. Guy's made literally hundreds of videos on everything about Hyrule Warriors and he's currently re-doing his weapon tutorials with better footage and some corrections.

here's the old playlist with all the tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK4JVNTZQZJAiyI0bE-pbphZroNzBEYGx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

Is variety worth it when most of the "different" characters are unfun garbage, though?

Probably not, which is which it's great that all the Zelda characters are awesome and fun in their own way! :)