Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Where is the ball and chain in adventure mode?

I want to use that as link for as long as I can because it was my favorite Link weapon.

Unrelated I'm seeing how far I can get in the first map without getting anything but Bombs. It's a fun restriction. I've gotten Skull Kid and the Naginata so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2prn1v/i_went_crazy_and_made_an_interactive_map_for/

If you're having trouble, the locations are the same even if the prizes are off.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a master quest mode item map for adventure mode? Some stuff got shuffled around and I don't feel like spending all my rupees to find out I needed to bomb a bush or blow a whistle at a rock in the water because lol random.

There's an interactive item map I linked that has Master Quest in it. I'm on mobile so just look at my previous posts.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I do that with Zant all the time honestly. I'd rather fight 5 Volgas than a Zant that I don't massively outlevel to be honest.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ok so I've got a weird thing happening in my game where my AI controlled ally characters (the ones I can swap to) just literally do nothing. They'll walk to the enemy I want them to go to but won't attack at all. I've stared at one for a full minute and they didn't do anything

I don't think I even get boss bonuses with them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"Defeat The Imprisoned, The Imprisoned, and The Imprisoned" for me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My Fairy in a nutshell (I'm not the biggest expert but this is what I know from the 3DS version and a bit of the switch stuff I did):

1) You can only have a limited number of fairies. If you get an extra one, you can send one home.
2) Each fairy has an element corresponding to it, that affects its damage and which clothing boosts their abilities.
3) Dresses count as both Shirt and Pants slot, and offers Power Up to both slots, whereas Shirt and Pants have a single Power up and a single Cost Down if you use that. (I prefer the latter but that's just me)
4) Each fairy has an ability to start with, and unlock further ones as they level up.
4a) Abilities that can be equipped are determined by the Fairy's personality traits. Ex: FAIRY SKILL K requires Smiley 100 and Friendly 100, so to equip it you need Smiley 100 and Friendly 100.
4b) Feeding a fairy food can increase her level, and she will gain and lose points towards those personality traits.
4c) Any personality trait she currently does not have will appear in Red when you preview the skill.
5) When a fairy hits the level cap (I forget whether it's 99 or 100) you can reincarnate her, to change one of her personality traits and give her a small bonus to all her traits.
6) All fairies have a favorite type of food. I don't remember the full details of what determines this.
7) Gold Food will respawn in the maps where you originally got them, so if you really want to hunt a particular type of food, you can redo completed maps. Fairies you dismissed will also show up where they were initially found as well.

I personally like the "Respawn Allied Keep Power when in Allied Keeps" fairy ability, which you can get fairly easily from the base Light Fairy you get close to the start.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

where are the boy fairies

You unlock him relatively early on in the Adventure mode...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

elf help book posted:

Is there a way to know which abilities are automatic and which you have to activate. Because I will never both to activate them.

Common sense, mostly? If it's conditional then it will activate on the condition. If it's something like "Raises attack" it's activated.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's the one thing that Fire Emblem Warriors has over this honestly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If you like the playstyle of another weapon better, really. You don't NEED the most powerful weapon in the game but it might help for certain characters.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The level 3/4/4+ Gloves are Links best weapon because they're the coolest.

The swords are good though.

The best weapon in the game is the Dominion Rod though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd get to basic competence with at least one weapon each character has, and then level up your favorites. It's not tooooooooooo expensive to level someone up if you absolutely need to solo a mission as a character, and very rarely will you need to solo a mission with a specific weapon for a character.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's a bit rude to Impa.

It'd be Link, Agitha and Ruto.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What does X do on that screen? The rest are obvious. X seems to do nothing but put it in your control.

Also does anyone know when I can get the Vai outfit? I know it's in the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Battles where you have to fight Kohga with a time limit are horse poo poo, it's so difficult to get his weak point gauge to appear

Is there a list of which attacks for each character are best at triggering weak points?

Also, what does leveling up actually do for your character? Since it doesn't increase your hearts, and your damage is based on your weapon...

If you need to get a quick weak point gauge, the Rods will always show it for a short time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I found my mains for now. Gonna use Mipha for general usage, and Riju for crowd control. The latter can basically spin to win to wipe out an entire map.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Weapon level cap is 30, and if you have Skills with the same shape on them, the power gets a small boost.

Specifically after the midgame upgrade, you can raise the cap to 25, and then postgame you get an upgrade that can raise it to 30. Both times give a set bonus skill, which is the same for every weapon with the same name. I've only upped Mipha's Champion weapon and Riju's level 3 weapon to 25, and I haven't gotten the latter to 25 yet, but that's how it goes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Use Riju and mash X to Spin to Win.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've completed the game to sufficiency I feel. Haven't 100%ed it; I have 3 maps and like 2 nodes left, but I look at each of the remaining maps and think "thiiis is bullshit I'm unwilling to grind for"

Excited for the dlc whenever that happens.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah it shows up a little past where you get The Master Sword. It's a bit costly material-wise so

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I could give Teba's Cryonis to everyone it'd be ideal.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've been clocking through the game searching for Koroks and I forgot how much I loved the Blood Moon scene from the penultimate level, because it totally caught me off guard but I should've seen it coming.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Mission level, mostly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I know you're right on Riju but I'm still sad because I really get on with the way they play and they're my go-to for killing mobs. Just spin to win all day.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My tip for people struggling to kill masses with Riju is to treat the X button as if it was the Y button. She becomes a blender of death if you do that. That's not great for officers/bosses, but usually you can just use the special for that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I cheesed it with Mipha and a bunch of Special Up food, and a fairy for safety I wound up not needing. Her special being a self heal for about 3 hearts is a lifesaver.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a korok in expert+ as well. Make sure to grab that before you do it so you don't have to do it again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Edit: new enemy types?

Giant Chus and Moblins with Bombs I saw in the trailer. Also stronger Wizzrobes?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm probably just stupid but is there an easy way to freeze enemies with Cryonis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like that most of the upgrades are "Zelda was impressed by her own decision making-- the bike was indeed cool"