Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rirse posted:

Another tip...don't bother to save Hyrule Captain, gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

They really want you to know that Cia wants Link's dick real bad

To be fair, so does a vast majority of the Zelda fanbase, especially after Breath of the Wild was released.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

Are character unlocks spoilers? Gonna do it anyway for people like me who didn't play on WiiU/3DS. I had no idea that Twili Midna was a character and her moveset is baller as gently caress.

Also does every character have two different weapons or just a few?

Just a few. Link (6), Zelda (3), Impa (2), Lana (3), Ganondorf (2), Linkle (2) and Toon Link (2) all have multiple weapon types, the rest of the cast are limited to a single weapon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kongming posted:

The hard part about the quizzes isn't the questions, it's that sometimes the right answer has way more health than the wrong answer so you have to tiptoe around trying not to sneeze on the wrong enemy and kill them, failing the quiz.

Yeah, there was one of those that really pissed me off back in the Master Quest map in the Wii-U version that had the restriction that prevents you from using stuff like the boomerang for the mission, and a reward for A-Ranking it as Zelda. The second and third questions had both Midna and Lana as potential answers. Except the only weapons I had for Zelda were her Rapier (light element) and the Baton (lightning element). Midna's weak to light, Lana's weak to lightning. And since you couldn't use the boomerang to stun the one you didn't need to kill, you constantly had both of them getting up in your grill, and you would inevitably end up killing the wrong target because they'd keep throwing themselves in your line of fire or even just take enough incidental splash damage to push them over the edge before you could kill the correct one. :argh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I finally managed to clear my way to a drat square with an ice arrow card.

At last, Tingle can learn violence. :unsmith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

How difficult is it to A-Rank the mission in P-2 of the first Adventure Map? "Fight as a warrior of water!" Lv. 3, limited to Link. I haven't unlocked the Great Fairy weapon set for him yet, and I really don't feel like slogging all the way down to the opposite corner of the map just to grab it so I can clear this to get access to Linkle's level 1 Pegasus Boots set.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 30, 2018

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Is there anything more infuriating/soul-crushing in this game than shooting for an A-Rank and finding out that you missed it by like 6 seconds? Because that's happened to me twice now on like two different maps (both maps for unlocking level 1 weapons, no less).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SettingSun posted:

Speaking of, I just unlocked Linkle's boots and drat these are a fun weapon. Feels good to unleash her inner Chie.

That's one of the great things about this game and the characters in it - with a few notable exceptions, pretty much every moveset feels good and fun to play, regardless of overall actual utility/power level. Whether they're relying on sheer brute force, finely honed skill, the need for speed, phenomenal magic power or just being weird as hell, every character absolutely feels like a Grade-A poo poo-wrecker in your hands once you've gotten the hang of them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Where is Linkle level 2 boots at?

Koholint Island, G-6*. All the boot upgrades are on Koholint for some reason.

*Starting from the left side of the map, that would be the seventh column, bottom row square.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 6, 2018

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I cannot recall ever having problems with getting Manhandalas to show its weak point gauge. I've actually had a few fights against them where I've only managed to stun one or two heads with the boomerang, and then when I was waiting for it to expose its remaining heads again to hit them... it would just inexplicably decide, "gently caress it" and sit down and open up its weak point gauge on its own without me having to do anything.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Manhandles always uses his seed attack and his uh... "please hit me" attack I don't know what it actually does. All four heads turn green and I just smack them.

If you don't hit them with the boomerang to stun them out of it, they shoot forward and do damage to you when they connect with you.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of Beamos, one of the things that still annoys me about this game is how it prioritizes enemies in regards to the lock on button. I don't want to target the giant boss that's still 30 yards behind me, I want to target the stupid goddamn Beamos I'm standing right next to and was looking directly at when I hit the lock on button. :argh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

I want to say everyone in Smash 4 was revealed before launch.

They were.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Zelder posted:

They were revealed thanks to a leak. Duck hunt dog was never formally revealed by Nintendo

... he had his own reveal trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t5DetuBMOY

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Speaking of Beamos, one of the things that still annoys me about this game is how it prioritizes enemies in regards to the lock on button. I don't want to target the giant boss that's still 30 yards behind me, I want to target the stupid goddamn Beamos I'm standing right next to and was looking directly at when I hit the lock on button. :argh:

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

... I am extremely okay with this.