Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i like to find the enemies and then hit them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

the fairy was pissed

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sometimes I think about playing as skull kid as I hear he's high up there on the fun scale and majora's mask IS my favorite zelda

Then I play him and WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH and I want to die

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you can feed seeds from the oracle games and stuff to the dumb fairy partners

does that count

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

KingSlime posted:

How many chars do you guys routinely level up? Should I stick with a core of 3 to 5 if I want to rip through as much content as fast as possible (those adventure maps holy poo poo) or is it worth leveling up more dudes?

Also any downsides to leveling up dudes with rupees? Seems like an awesome way to remove all tedium, anything to know about this mechanic?

I've only played two story missions and two adventure map levels but wow I think I like this game.

For adventure maps specifically just stick with a handful of dudes you like, but always have a good stock of rupee's nearby because you'll sometimes get gated into using a character you're not used to like Agitha or Tingle or something and when that happens you're going to want to buff them up to not be level 7-10 in level 30 areas.

For Legends mode you'll have:
Link - Impa - Midna - Darunia - Lana as your heroes that get used a lot. (Fi sometimes shows up too but it's rare).
Ganondorf gets most of his levels to himself.
Cia's story uses all 3 of that crew.
Linkle is obvious
Wind Waker story uses it's main cast of Link - Tetra - Daphnes - Lana (Cia stands around a lot but it's the AI version that has a set amount of health)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a master quest mode item map for adventure mode? Some stuff got shuffled around and I don't feel like spending all my rupees to find out I needed to bomb a bush or blow a whistle at a rock in the water because lol random.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

gently caress Cia's Tale: The Dragon of the Caves. Three times I've gotten to the end with Volgo and three times I've killed the bomb triceratops and Wizzro only to get killed by Volgo.

I need to take a break for a bit.

If you're having trouble don't forget you can pay to level Cia up more. Volga usually does his fast strong attack after blocking two hits so when I see that I usually start sidestepping to avoid it and WPS him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm doing the Lorule Map and I'm... not entirely sure what it wants me to do? I cleared all the squares I can around the starting area but I'm boxed in by two "the enemy is hiding" spaces and can't select anything else, and none of my item cards work on either of the selectable maps. Any help?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rirse posted:

Out of all the songs in the game, this is probably the one I hate the most and will generally use the BGM option to change it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0iazARMXs

This song is such utter dogshit. It's just like a 15 second loop on forever.

I have no idea what the gently caress they were thinking.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it kinda funny, back in the wii-u version I had a ton of Shield Moblin hats and no flanks. Here I'm drowning in flank items but not the hats

Like I think they forgot to program shield moblins into the game after a point as well as redeads. I have 50+ of everything else while they sit at 0 and my characters are begging for them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

goferchan posted:

I'm feeling like a god after skipping straight to Sheik's 4+ Harp lol, she's such a killing machine. Glad that one of the most fun characters to play also has the easiest super weapon to get, I'd have a hard time running around with a 4+ Tingle.

edit: seriously being able to tank Redead screams with the water shield up is such a blessing, I always forget to dodge it on my other characters now . What's the best map square for farming Ruto materials for her gold badges?

I can't exactly tell you a specific one but keep in mind Medli also drops ruto mats so if you can find something with both of them that would be the ideal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's something funny about Folt being adamant that Shiek is bad (or at the very least drops off) then you go on youtube and the guy who mains hyrule warriors and has created guides for every installment/walkthroughs for literally everything goes "Nah Shiek is actually the best in the entire game outside Master Sword (unlocked) Link"

Fun reasoning behind his picks and I can't exactly disagree with most of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like lists that say who the worst is because it's almost always the same characters and unison is wonderful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spite posted:

Each character actually being unique goes a long, long way for me. Plus there are more enemy types than just "human soldier"

Folt is a staunch defender of Fire Emblem Warriors so expect him to dunk (or attempt to) on HW each chance he gets. Take it with a grain of salt.
(Sorry Folt my dude)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

elf help book posted:

Does the Lorule map have an item to allow any character on any square? I found a square that offers a heart for Ravio but is locked to Agitha only, and I have most of the items so far and none allow anything like that...

When you get a A rank on a character locked map it'll let you replay it with whoever you want.

Least that's how it works on earlier maps

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Leal posted:

Pop a faerie, they apparently kill enemies that aren't even rendered.

Yeah, the fairy wipes out a entire dome of the mini-map. You can actually run out of mooks to kill on the rack up your KO count if you just spam it in populated area. Kinda takes away a lot from some characters.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Manhandles always uses his seed attack and his uh... "please hit me" attack I don't know what it actually does. All four heads turn green and I just smack them. Never really had a problem with him. One time out of the dozens I've killed though it just spammed the rush and poison nonstop and was like yeah okay I get the annoyance now.

Pro-tip: Do not have any of your commanders set to help you with it. The bumrush and poison are the dedicated "GET OFF ME" attacks and while *you* aren't standing near it your AI is just slamming into it constantly causing it to spam them. It's a bit counter-intuitive to the gang up mechanic

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby Warriors.

I mean seriously, excuse me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby Warriors would be better tbh.

Also people are hoping for a holdout situation but the trailer shows the heroes all losing their fights in cutscenes (Revali getting blasted by a purple beam, Urbosa falling to her knees and struggling to stay propped up etc) so I don't think we'll be getting that. But who knows.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not saying it's 100% going to happen, but when HW released on the Wii-U and people played it early it had framerate issues too. It got fixed in a day 1 patch so... maybe???

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Impa is like, giga dogshit to go into. I get the feeling she's a good character, but swapping to her and 'PUT SYMBOL SUCK SYMBOL' with no real idea of what that even means is so bizarre. Then it throws you to Zelda who is equally just 'huh?'

Probably just need to play more but a overview screen of mechanics or *anything* would be nice instead of "go! Do it now! Why aren't you doing it! Go go go!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got the final character after the secret ending and lmao it's so goofy I love it.

Big ol character spoilers (and impressions)
Calamity's moveset is just so absurd and he does damage just walking into dudes. You absolutely feel like total carnage when playing as him- and it's really really funny finding koroks, they do their little yahaha laugh and it zooms out to a hell man. Or the characters in general going 'wow your so great we love you, we can save everyone with your power :)'. The fact your other characters call out to him when switching is also silly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm in the postgame now and super low on rupees. Does anyone know of a great map to farm them on?

There's no good place to farm them unless you just replay ___ Training missions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sooga spoilers (end game stuff) I thought it was fairly obvious that Sooga died offscreen but I saw a good chunk of people thinking maybe he didn't. Getting all the koroks and playing as weird characters in the final level had Kohga say 'Sooga I hope you're watching this, I'm going to take down this menace' so yeah he's dead and not just in a healing pod or something??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There's a second credits sequence post-post game when you repair Terrako where Terrako is wandering the world saying hi to everyone and Sooga appears to pops up with Kohga in the little loading screen sprite style. That said this is a Warriors game and as seen with Rhoam, and Robbie, and Purah, "implied off screen deaths" are largely "we want some tension but they absolutely actually survived"

Yeah I assume that it's just something cute though for the credits seeing as the future chapions show up there too for the hug.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flipside I just 100% the game

I want more :)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zore posted:

Do we ever get the ability to change anyone but Link's outfit? Zelda has a bunch of cool ones that have popped up for like one cutscenes so far.

Post game Zelda has 3 (Winter outfit, standard blue and her white dress thing)
Champions each get 1 which is barely noticeable (just are they wearing blue or not)

That's it really

E: Zelda's second weapon sucks eggs. They make it powerful for the mission you get it and it has the malice destroying property the Master Sword has but it's really clunky to use in my opinion and really really slow.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want super hard dlc because most of my weapons were level 17 or something and I was able to beat everything in the game with just whatever. I never had to touch de-rusting things (few times I did was just some lame trash) and never had to raise the level cap because I just rarely got to that point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah it's kind of bizarre that there's no 'enemy is advancing to capture your base' mechanics. I don't really remember it being too much of a problem in HW1 but it's just not here. I felt like most of the enemies were just static standing around in the same spots while the only ones moving were the tougher enemies like guardians. I think because of it I went through without ko'ing all that many enemies because they weren't exactly doing anything or trying to move from where they were rooted so just 'eh'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait why do people think Rivali sucks? Granted I’m only on chapter 3 but he seems really good. I like playing as him say better than say, Mipha for instance.

Unsatisfying ground combat and his air combat kinda stinks compared to everyone else. He's just kinda awkward and lame and when you have characters that can do everything he can do better he's in a dumpster.

General popular opinion seems to be (all 18 listed)

S+
2 Hand Link, Impa, Sidon

A
Sword Link, Terrako, Yunobo, Rhoam, Kohga, Urbosa, Mipha, Zelda (Bow)

B
Daruk, Teba, Great Fairies, Calamity Ganon, Monk, Zelda (Slate), Spear Link

C
Revali, Riju, Hestu

I dont fully agree with the list but generally what I see as a whole. Also not counting the glitch that lets the Great Fairies insta murder things as that might get patched out.
I think if you have fun with em play them who really cares but eh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It feels so weird to be done with the game, dunno what else to really do.

I booted it up because I wanted to play but there's no need for materials anymore and everythings clear so I only played a couple short missions and stopped.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

fadam posted:

Are any character upgrades locked behind the Divine Beast Missions?

Naw

I did them and nothing popped up after them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Crawfish posted:

I feel like some of the very last missions might be locked behind doing them though, because there was a point where I finished every mission available besides those and the last character stuff wasn't showing up until after I finished all of the divine beast stuff.

Maybe, Etheral stones or whatever as mentioned above to

I just kinda did them early on to get them out of the way so nothing showed up when I finished them v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Twelve by Pies posted:

Warriors Dojo released his AoC tier list. Daruk is the worst character, Teba is the best character. I also learned that the Great Fairies did get nerfed and you can no longer stack their defense debuff, which is why they didn't make it into S tier. He also noted that even though Daruk is the worst character, he wasn't bad enough to make it into D tier, which means he's still much better than a good amount of HWDE characters. Mostly it's just his inability to dodge cancel out of his stasis rune that makes him the worst, if he could do that then he'd almost certainly rank higher than Riju, who's second worst.

Some of his choices are weird to me. I'd say Impa really belongs in S and 2 hand sword needs to be moved up a lot, as well as the king. You can say they don't mess with weakpoint smashes as well as others, but like

They don't need to- they put out enough damage to just raw murder everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If Kass gets dropped into a war and is expected to kill millions please change the thread title to "Kass will learn violence.'

There's something funny about imagining a beefy pacifist with a accordion being told to stop singing and team up with a egg to kill Ganon