Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah for anyone concerned about what the lack of Adventure mode means for side content, it looks like i'm about 38% done for it after 56 battle missions and 113 other missions (the trade mats for power stuff), so there's a bit of stuff to do there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Up to 89 side battles, 235 side quests, in the post game with about 60ish% map completion now.

This game is alot.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm still pretty early on but after unlocking the 4 champions the only characters I'm not really liking are Impa whose symbol thing is too finicky for me and sword'n'board Link who is just kinda boring. Zelda needs to get some more combos already though.
Most of these issues are fixed with later available character upgrades.

Also as someone earlier in the thread said, Impa is a whole lot more overkill when you realize you can tag three enemies in a row and then use.....I think XXXY or XXXXY and she absorbs all three symbols at once.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Violen posted:

how is impa real

ive never touched a musou and i have no idea what im doing at all and just started and she still merked 500 enemies and like 10 minibosses in 3 minutes

shes just a constant nuke in all directions
She's honestly my clutch character for any Lv 60+ missions that my Lv 81 Link doesn't have access to.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Okay I have 9 material side quests left before full map completion.

Some of those last side battles are ridiculous. The last one I did with a Lv 100 character on easy and I still only beat it with less than 5 seconds on the clock.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The 100% map completion reward is some nice fan service.

As someone who is getting a little tired of the champions garb between BotW, MK8DX, Smash and Hyrule Warriors, and someone who's never cared for the Set of the Wild, it's a cool alternative.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Naw

I did them and nothing popped up after them.
I feel like some of the very last missions might be locked behind doing them though, because there was a point where I finished every mission available besides those and the last character stuff wasn't showing up until after I finished all of the divine beast stuff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zore posted:

Zelda already has two of the best movesets in the game :colbert:
Seconding this. Bow's C5 is stupid good for safely taking out boss enemies.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It'd be cool if Nintendo actually informed people when they were looking at releasing their DLC. This stuff apparently pre loaded itself on Wednesday for me so I thought it'd be a midnight release.

It is now 3pm here, and it's been out in Japan for over an hour, and I can only assume we're going to have to wait until Midnight EST to get this stuff.

Like drat, it'd take like a minute tops for the regional branches to tweet out that by the 18th, they meant late afternoon 18th.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah it just came out here in NZ at 11pm 18/06.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Postman posted:

Does DLC 1 feel worthwhile on its own or am I better off waiting for November to get a ton of content at once?
It's longer than you'd think in the sense that it doesn't just drop the new weapons and character on your lap as soon as you start it. Like i'm 5 hours in and I still have a node or two in the ancient lab map thing before I unlock the chance to unlock the guardian.

While some of the other small features things you can unlock are nice if you enjoy the game, there is no plot or anything, so you may be better off waiting for both if you want a decent amount of content all at once. Going to be a bit of a grind to get to the end of the unlockable stuff if you want, and there is a chance that the second DLC ups the weapon rank cap again, and is built around you having hit the increased weapon rank cap in this DLC to survive parts of it.

One thing I do like about the new weapons is that instead of being Rank 1 through 3 in ascending power being the main difference, they are all the same power but one being standard/balanced, one being attack focused, one being defense focused. It's a nice touch.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 18, 2021

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Golux posted:

Are the unlocks for the weapons and the guardian character all at the end of the chart? or are they mixed around? I haven't beaten the game yet and am working on the DLC as I go now, so I want to know where I'm aiming for those...
The weapons are sort of mid way through the chart, the guardian is at the end and locked behind a requirement of beating the last story mission.

Also the bosses having little names above their title thing from earlier, pretty sure those are only for the DLC vicious bosses, and what the little name is seems to be related to which stat they are buffed the most in.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, leveling anything to 50 is a huge pain in the arse. I think i'm only going to bother grinding out the Master Sword and Zelda's bow to Lv 50, and everything else is just fine at Lv 30.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alacron posted:

So I don't know if this is news to anyone else, but I just found out that it's way better to fuse trash weapons together before using them as material for my main weapon.

I ran an experiment, and tried seeing how much experience a level 20 weapon would get if I fused 5 level 1 weapons to it directly, or if I fused the 5 level 1s together first and then fused the result to my level 20, and I wound up more than doubling my XP gain.

Maybe I'm the dumbass and everyone else already figured this out, but I literally just stumbled across this and had to share it.
This, but fusing the trash weapons into anything with a "fusion exp +150/250%" for the best way to do fusion. It also avoids fusing trash weapon skills onto whatever you are trying to level up, since fusion exp is the first skill and it turns disappears when used up.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So the DLC drops sometime in the next day and a half, huh?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's very much looking like it's going to be the same release time as pack 1 unfortunately.

So Japan is probably getting it in a few hours, everyone else gets it 8 hours after them. Which, i'd honestly rather they'd claimed it as a Saturday release on the eshop if it's going to be out at like, 11pm Friday local time for me.

Edit: Oh hey this is up for AUS/NZ now. Was not expecting this reasonableness.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Just finished all of the memory quests.

Most of the hidden third ones aren't too bad. One of them is storywise, really neat, but real dumb gameplay wise. It's something that contextually makes sense, but there's a really tiny window of opportunity to actually do it, and because hidden third memory quests remain as ??? until you either clear them or begin the process of clearing them, I forsee a bunch of people consulting a guide or something over it.