Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

So what’s the trick to Redeads and Gibdos? Their attacks loving suck.

But super predictable. Eventually you'll learn the timing for when you can run back in before the weakpoint meter drops (tip: hit them with a bow to keep the meter up a little longer if you're not super sure you'll get back in in time). You can start running in juuust about when they stop spewing from the mouth but before the cloud fully dissipates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So, turns out with a 20something Skull Kid with a level 1 weapon and the Master Sword, you can do a pretty quick job of beelining Shiek's 4+ weapon for all your early game breaking.

Hilariously, it makes her about on par with a first rank 1 star Ganondorf Trident. drat that thing is loving broken.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
And is solved by finding a friend in herself.

Literally all of this could have been avoided if someone decided that the local Timelord was maybe someone they should occasionally check up on and maybe spend some time talking with to, you know, make sure she doesn't go insane from loneliness.

Especially since she's been tasked with keeping 1/4th of Pig Satan in her basement.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 2, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Is that the one that gives her green hair? That's my preferred outfit for her because it kinda makes her look like Saria.

Who should have been in this game instead of her, or at least should have had the Deku Stick. :colbert:

The game already has 4 OOT reps in it, 5 if you count HW Impa being based on OOT Impa, while SS only has Fi and Ghirahim to its name.

What I'm saying is that we're missing a Groose and Saria can get in line.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 6, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Zant used to be underpowered as gently caress when the game first came out, but after a late patch he got buffed to be pretty great. He's there for me with MS Link and Ganondorf as the characters I pick when I need to Get poo poo Done.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Zant and Ruto are amazing, actually. I think the only truly underpowered character in the game is Fi. Which sucks, cuz I love Fi.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Cia's probably got my favorite boss smasher in her C4, just make sure to dodge cancel out of the animation after the fourth Link is summoned so you get start summoning the next batch, followed after by Ruto's basic rear end combo string.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
They've *got* to have more than 6 characters somehow, the first game already got so much poo poo for having a tiny roster for the genre. Unless they're treating it as a short spin off budget title or something since it is all tied to a single event.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Come to think of it, Hyrule Warriors is all about a pair of time traveling witches. While I imagine they'll want to keep the main story straight forward and serious, the existence of Lana and Cia kinda justifies whatever the Hell they want to do with any other modes.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Why does Astor suck so much. Cia and Ganondorf completely owned any scene they were in and had fun mid battle dialogue, Astor is just...loving nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Cia is The Best actually, and both she and Lana deserve to be properly canon. Just give me a purple and blue time puzzle somewhere Nintendo.

Also Khoga and the Yiga are such weird villains because like...I'm not sure they care about being villains at all. They're mostly just goofs that gently caress around in the desert and eat bananas. It's just that this is the only job that will still let them use their sweet ninja magic as opposed to just becoming farmers like the rest of the Shiekah.

Oh, and I know FE:W gets poo poo on a lot, but AoC reeeally could have used something like the bond system. Half the entire appeal of the game is seeing the Champions interact with each other and with the ones who took after them, but the only ones that get so much as lip service are Mipha and Sidon. The bond scenes weren't much, but having just *one* conversation between everyone would have made the game feel more fleshed out.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 25, 2022