Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Has anyone experienced the game crash? Because my game crashed as it was loading the results screen from an Adventure mode mission and it didn't save and I was not happy.

It wasn't a very difficult mission, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have Link at ~lv45 and everyone else between 20-40 should I do hard Legend mode to get the second skulltulas? I really only have the lv2 weapons unlocked through the story though maybe I should wait until I have more of those.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Drop lots of beetles on him (and every other enemy)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! Musou

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oyster posted:

I confirmed in Legend mode that powered arrow stunlock is still a thing and quite easy to execute, so all you people whining about Agitha, drink an item power up from the apothecary and spam light arrows to win.

Agatha is cool, drop beetles on every enemy

I even don't mind playing as Fi

It's just that stupid rear end in a top hat Zant that I can't stand. He is the worst.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't think I've even used him yet in this version of the game. I've basically avoided every adventure map mission so far that has stuff for him because I remember him being dumb and annoying to use.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ah yeah easy as hell *sits around for five minutes while Manhandla uses only its berserk attack and poison attack*

Seriously the worst designed giant boss. Worse than the Imprisoned.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oh wait, in the original version of this game they always got up after a certain amount of damage, didn't they? That's what you mean by hard cap? I forgot about that. No wonder this version of he game seemed significantly easier.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't understand Fairies. I just noticed that I can click the right stick to activate... something? It took a bunch of my magic. I have a bunch of types of food (Lon Lon milk, magic beans, all-purpose bait etc.) but I seriously don't know enough about them to put any time of effort into the system yet.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They didn't say that who they revealed was the full roster did they?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bongo Bill posted:

There may be a Linkle trophy. Not assist trophy, regular trophy.

So, Skull Kid's C3 is basically the best crowd control move in the game, right?

Skull kid is really good in general, except that he only knows how to play one note on his ocarina which is annoying as gently caress

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Somebody explain to me:

- What does King Daphnes' meter do?

- How does the Dominion Rod work it's confusing as hell

- Is the Spinner amazing? It seemed awesome the one time I used it.

- Is the horse terrible? Because it seems impossibly complicated and weird.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Her C1 with her meter full is great against generals.

And yeah her regular attack string shreds giant bosses' WPG's. I like using her a lot, actually.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm trying to get to the final squares in the middle of the Wind Waker adventure map and man oh man is that Phantom Gannon level insane. The one with the messengers. A million officers attacking the three Messengers, then the boss, then loving Phantom Ganon like drat dude the hell are you supposed to finish that in 15 minutes? I might come back after I've unlocked more stuff.

Should I jump ahead to unlock the other characters/weapons so I can get the 10k skill on the Master Sword? Or will that be absurdly difficult? All my guys have lv 2 weapons and are around lv 40 except Link who is like lv70.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can somebody explain to me exactly what recommended element does? Besides trigger the defensive badge buffs. Does it mean those elemental weapons do more damage on that stage?

Edit: also I unlocked every character/lv 1 weapon, is there anything else I have to do to get the master sword's 10k skill to unlock besides kill 10k dudes?

Wait it's every weapon lv 3 and below? What the fuuuuuuuuck

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 24, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Toon Link and WW Link amiibo give weapons for Toon Link but the MM Link amiibo doesn't give weapons for Young Link, nor does the WW Zelda one give weapons for Toon Zelda because nothing makes sense.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lmao do they really make you go all the way through to the "final" square in the middle of the Master WW map to get a hookshot? What a dick move!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gibdos and Redeads are the worst though because they can like, cancel out of their Weak point gauge into another super attack without warning.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bakalakadaka posted:

imo the only actual bad character in hyrule warriors is Ruto. There's a few others that I'm not fans of playing as but they are strong enough to not be a total slog to play.

Ruto is really amazing though?? Zant on the other hand is annoying to play as, and against. He’s just annoying in general.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That’s true, Fi is just plain slow and her crowd control is mediocre and you have to stop after every combo to refresh her meter which sucks. She doesn’t have anything good to use on generals or giant bosses. I really only use her if I absolutely have to.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

seiferguy posted:

For adventure mode, is it just best to open up the whole map or is my time better spent trying to use search to get the A rank drops when I need them?

You should definitely use search before clearing maps so you don’t have to replay them. Obviously this doesn’t apply if it’s for a character you don’t have yet. Also maps that have rewards for multiple characters but only let you play as one. And you have to play Skulltula ones twice if you want the second Skulltula but that’s also dumb as hell, why would anyone get every Skulltula?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Folt The Bolt posted:

For the illustrations. And the reward map missions that come with them.

Okay but is that a great reward? More missions to do? More maps to clear? Are they extra good for mat grinding or something?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

irlZaphod posted:

I was playing with Darunia today and holy gently caress is he slow.

Yeah but C4 can clear out entire rooms and C3 is great against officers and Generals so he is actually not bad

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bakalakadaka posted:

I use Linkle for everything so shes like 100 levels ahead of everyone else. Where is my Linkle game nintendo where is it.

You’re playing it.

I would buy a Linkle amiibo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Every Hard Mode Skulltula that requires keeping an NPC’s health over 50% is horrible. They can’t help but get themselves killed, it’s bullshit. The Water Temple one is especially bad because if you don’t stop the Assault Troops Darunia automatically loses half his health, and then at the end you have to kill King Dodongo before it hits Ruto and before Darunia gets slaughtered by a bunch of Lizalfos. gently caress that mission, I got a 5* lv 3 Great Knife for Impa and still couldn’t prevent Darunia from killing himself.

Edit: Linkle’s one on the same map is also horrible.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Leal posted:

Got a double heal aura fairy hanging around?

I have a Light fairy with Shine x2, I’m not sure how big the “Magic Barrier” is but that might help??

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bongo Bill posted:

If you have access to multiple characters, have one of them glued to the character who needs defending and swap back to them periodically. Abuse your foreknowledge of scripted events, and use a high-level weapon to kill everything rapidly.

I recently missed out on a Legend Mode skulltula because I cleared the mission before I was able to trigger the condition.

Yeah you also control Sheik in that mission and I had to use her to kill some Lizalfoses who were going after Darunia early on in the mission. I guess I could switch back to Sheik once Ruto leaves the battlefield and take out the rest of them, as long as the Assault Troops are already dead. Doesn’t make those missions any less bad.

Edit: Ruto leaves and then comes back like two minutes later to fight the King Dodongo which is dumb. But I guess the trigger for King Dodongo spawning is opening the door to the enemy base so I could spend some time making sure Darunia is safe before I do that also.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 18, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

On the Master Quest map there’s an Imprisoned mission with Fi, and I got a “Girahim is in danger!” Message while fighting the Imprisoned and had to leave the fight to rescue him and then go back.

The worst message is “The Imprisoned, The Imprisoned and The Imprisoned appeared!” in those defeat all enemies missions.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

b_d posted:

^ just don’t worry about the strength gaining thing, there’s no way to save most of those captains. it’s only a problem if it makes you lose

whoa..: this changes everything

I’ve definitely had him initiate that attack when locked in a keep, too, which sucks without this knowledge since you just can’t get far enough away

Yeah if you stand between his legs that move does nothing. And Fi’s C6 can take all his toes out in one shot if your C1 bar isn’t empty. Then C6 takes off like 3/4 of his WPG. It’s good.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

tithin posted:

1/3 in wiiu
1/2 in 3ds
1 go in definitive

Those were dark times

No wonder I can make the 15-minute time limit way easier now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Btw how the hell do I A rank that one Adventure Map mission that’s a quiz where the third question summons Ganondorf and a Bokoblin and you’re supposed to kill Ganondorf without killing the fragile Bokoblin who likes to walk into your attacks?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I couldn’t get the Bokoblin to get far enough away from Ganondorf not to hit them both with the boomerang, very frustrating.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DontMindMe posted:

I ended up doing hard skulltulas in free mode since I could bring my very high level sheik and than bring the required character/weapon in second slot and then never use them.

Wait you can do that?

What the hell!!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I did Zelda’s lv3 Rapier mission and forgot to pay attention to my KO count because the officers were taking forever and I didn’t get enough. Wah wah

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They did bring the two worst things about Skyward Sword over (Fi, The Imprisoned) and forgot about the best character (Groose)

It’s still a good game once you get a hang of the controls.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Speaking of pointless and terrible gimmick weapons, the horse.

Then again, the horse has the most hilarious weak point smash on giant bosses.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there a way to make Girahim not suck? I love him as a character but using him isn’t fun.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What the gently caress is wrong with whoever came up with the hard Skulltula in Linkle’s second level. Don’t let Darunia get in danger, but you have to wait for these loving engineers to waltz up to the door to the water temple and open it but their terrible AI has them standing around scratching their butts most of the time or if there is one single Bokoblin left they wait until it is dead or try to punch it and oh my god you fucker just MOVE PLEASE

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have over 100 Skulltulas now so I am wondering if it’s even worth going back and finishing the hard mode ones.

Also, how does refreshing fairies work? I have a few at lv99 and I’m not sure if I should just keep using them like that or if I should try doing some min-max poo poo to make ultra powerful fairies. They’re already amazing at getting like 2-300 KO’s in one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I refresh my fairy? I can’t see a button prompt for it or anything.

I thought you guys were joking when you said Sheik’s L4+ weapon was easy to get. It was hilariously easy. The beginning of that map is a joke. Anyway, getting all the lv3 weapons to power up the master sword is gonna be interesting. There are a bunch of lv4+ weapons on the way and I haven’t even touched the Twilight or Termina maps yet lol also I appreciate that you don’t have to use Linkle’s boots to get the lv2 Boots because I haven’t even tried them yet but heard they suck.

Does getting a character’s lv4+ weapon unlock their lv4 weapon?