Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are character unlocks spoilers? Gonna do it anyway for people like me who didn't play on WiiU/3DS. I had no idea that Twili Midna was a character and her moveset is baller as gently caress.

Also does every character have two different weapons or just a few?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Cia and Lana feel like KT just grabbed some designs and copy-pasted the "bubbly young idol-girl" and "smouldering temptress" voices over from Dynasty Warriors.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That one kicked my rear end a whole bunch until I just played it super-safe. Just didn't use anything but the basic Y combos on his toes because inevitably I'd be animation-locked the second I hit X and lose all my health to the dumb stompy fuckers. What a terrible enemy, and a terrible place to fight one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm really getting my teeth into the first adventure mode map and it's fun as poo poo. I like how it encourages me to learn characters I otherwise wouldn't give a drat about. It rules except for when it made me unlock Tingle and play as Tingle to unlock Twili Midna.

What's the point of the level each individual stage has though? Just a recommended minimum character level?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's still funny to me most of the plotline happens because Cia wanted a cute boyfriend.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Which character does the Great Seas adventure map want who has a weird purpleish-blue masked head? I can't figure it out.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

If it's got two red eyes, it's Cia. If it's got two white eyes and a hood, that's Wizzro, even though Wizzro has only one eye. If it's pointy, that's Zant.
Got it, the eye thing was throwing me off.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of grade-A poo poo-wrecking are there any 'easy' level 3/4 weapons I can quickly grab without having to slowly grind through the adventure map? Would just like a bit of a headstart on some chartacters.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Folt The Bolt posted:

Most people go get Sheik's Lv. 4+ weapon early, then take Cia's Lv. 4+ in Grand Travels since those are pretty early on squares that aren't too difficult. (They then proceed to scour the Grand Travels map for the other Lv. 4+ weapons that lie there since the Golden Train removes character restrictions.)
Is there some weird gimmick to Grand Travels that makes some weapons invisible? I've taken a look at every weapon icon level but I can't see either Shiek or Cia's L4's.

Edit: Found Shiek's, it was in Termina, my bad.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jade Mage posted:

Someone in the thread recommended just using another controller and putting Agitha in the corner while say, Ganondorf takes the quiz. I tried it and loved it for missions where it sacks me as a character I hate.
Wait how does this trick work? Because I'm at that tile now and Agitha suuuucks.