Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really wanna try Adventure maps besides the first one, but apparently I’m barred from the Wind Waker map until I get the hammer. I finished the Epilogue, where was the hammer supposed to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh blah, fine...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m really happy to see Marin again. :unsmith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think I input the game in a bad state. I reran the first campaign map, and it says to capture two keeps I already have captured. It won’t progress. :downs:

Edit: I captured the enemy base and killed Wizzro and still nothing :laffo:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo Wizzro sucks to play as.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Silver Falcon posted:

You uh... have a block button, you know? When he starts doing his rear end in a top hat attack, block, move toward him, and stab him when his Weak Point gauge shows up?

Getting hit while blocking pushes you back, it’s easy to get stuck in a block-stun loop, and guards break very easily anyway. Blocking sucks in this game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oxxidation posted:

nope, it's pretty much crucial to beating enemy characters without hoping for the bastard gods of RNG to favor you

then why do I constantly get my rear end kicked :( it’s seriously almost never effective for me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So what’s the trick to Redeads and Gibdos? Their attacks loving suck.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Derrrrr I’m the imprisoned, I have a dopey weak point that you have to clip through me to get to, oh no my toesies, what’s that, you want to hit me? gently caress you I’m gonna explode for 10 seconds straight. Dddeerrrrrrrrrr

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Darunia seems good for focus damage but not so great at groups.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This game has crashed more times than literally any other game I’ve played besides Half Life 2.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress is going on in this “don’t let allied captains flee” Great Sea mission? There’s way too much fighting and there’s no way I’ll be able to save all the captains.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are you playing digitally or on a cart?

Digital

RatHat posted:

There seems to be memory leak so exit out of the game every so often.

That might be it. I’ll make sure to do that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Are you kidding me with this final Wind Waker map?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Giant bosses generally suck in this game, and actually, anything that isn’t chewing up giant swathes of soldiers isn’t that fun. I don’t know how I feel about fighting officers in this game, I feel like the combat could be better - as it is, it’s kind of a slog.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kin posted:

It's one of the first weapon unlocks in the Koholint island map (IIRC).

It's about 6 squares from the starting block and most of the battles are fairly easy with whoever you've mained up until that point (Link with the Master sword for example).

There is one battle right before the weapon square though which requires you to use the Skull Kid and it's kinda tough. You only need a B rank to get through to the 4+ weapon square though, so it's doable with a low level SK.

While it's good, i still generally find that Link plus the master sword chews through things just as quickly.

Goin for koholint immediately when I get home

quote:

edit: Oh, and for those thinking of trying, don't bother going for all of the myfaries. You can only keep 5 (for some reason) and you have to get rid of one if you keep collecting more. I don't even know if they contribute to your completion percentage or not.

Hell when i activate one i don't even know if it's doing its area damage thing or not so i barely use it while my overpowered link just murders everything.

Nooooo my fairy collection :negative: why does this game do so much stupid poo poo?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am having way too much fun with Linkle and now that I hear she has a second weapon I need to beeline that poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also super loving fun is Marin. I didn’t know a bell could cause so much damage.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What’s the best way to grind, if that’s even recommended? For materials? Levels?

Still really not feeling this last Wind Waker map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Leal posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :byodood:

Hahaha yep, that's a thing. If it's not in your line of sight, apparently it doesn't exist. Same happened to me in a Midna/Zelda quiz.