Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is Glass Cannon's fairy buff worth using? Sounds like a great way to accidentally get dropped by a mook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can just cycle the view on the adventure maps, it'll show you where to find them. I have two so far and I'm not that far into the first map. Just make sure you scour all the keeps for breakable pots. One of mine was in the enemy base in the last mission I ran.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, sliding down to dodge and up to finish combos makes a lot more intuitive sense to me, too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, all of the stuff I want to do next seems like I'm underlevelled. The last Legend mode level is pretty gnarly, I can't unlock Medli until I find a shop that has whatever I need for her search, and the first Moblin in the level for the Trident was just a bit too damage spongy to really seem like a viable A-rank.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, she's fun.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Wind Waker map so far. I'm liking the actual missions, but the way the items are distributed seems really dumb.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, Beamos do, at least.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I haven't been blocking much in AoC. Dodging is so much more fun and stylish.

Haven't made it very far yet, just have Mipha and Daruk unlocked, but I'm really enjoying everything so far. Might be smart to start looking up korok seed locations before I get too far, but I guess replaying levels with overpowered gear later on should make things easier, so whatever.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The game asked me if I wanted to turn off motion controls after the absolute shitshow that was the Talus fight in the second level. Great QoL feature there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kin posted:

Eh sort of. There's a lot more dodging so far. Unless more enemy types show up after chapter 5 or 6 or whatever, the gameplay loop is run from a to b killing enemies with a stun gauge, then head to c to kill a larger "boss" equivalent.

It mixes it up by having elemental versions from time to time.

Like, I'm enjoying it, but there's definitely much less thinking required to the games detriment.

HW warriors wasn't some strategic masterpiece or anything but at least it felt like there were armies fighting eachother and without my help my side wouldn't win.

Yeah, I'm like halfway through and that's something I've noticed. It definitely seems like less of the push and pull of the last game.