Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sir Kodiak posted:

I just don't care for "if you're willing to commit tax fraud" as an implicit element of "tax free" and I wanted everyone to know. In general, the aliens using animated corpses to deliver murder-based moral conundrums to random yahoos don't really come across like they're acting in good faith.

I just presumed that it would be worked out somehow so that they get the money tax free. With all the other poo poo they were able to pull off in that movie, the idea that they might have a means of circumventing the IRS didn't really seem over the top to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

John Travolta in his white suit disco dancing to the Bee Gees is probably the only thing most people remember from Saturday Night Fever.

They made a sequel to Saturday Night Fever that basically was the surface level dance movie that everyone remembers the original as. So I think the two films kinda get mashed together in people's minds because they don't remember that the sequel exists.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

Sylvester Stallone directed it, which is pretty WTF in its own right.

Stallone seems to have initially wanted to become like a writer/director who sometimes acts like a John Cassavetes or something. But then he became a huge action star, started getting into roids, and well, the rest is history.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's not really something that you can explain concisely. The spider is a visual metaphor showing up throughout the movie representing Gyllenhaal's paranoia and fear of women.

You've just explained it extremely concisely.