Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The original Dawn of the Dead is one of my favorite zombie movie, but the entire sequence with the biker gang throwing pies into the zombie faces is so out of place and pretty much sucks all the tension out of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

That's because it's as much a comedy as a horror film. (Also a drama. Also an action flick. It is many things.)

Is there really anything before or after that scene that was meant to be funny though?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The opening to the original Tomb Raider movie where Angelina Jolie fights against a giant killer robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9f-wgBXJ2E

When I first saw this I thought for sure it was going to be revealed to be a VR simulation as a nod to the video game series, but no, her nerdy assistant created it just for her to practice with. This wouldn't be a problem if it was shown that in the movie's world that this level of technology existed elsewhere.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've seen this scene over 100 times and never noticed it, I'm always watching the Nazi throw the melon on the ground angrily. That's funny and amazing.

That's like me when I watched Terminator 2 and finally noticed that during the helicopter chase scene the T-1000 has an extra arm so it can pilot and reload its gun at the same time.