Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I never made the connection between Charlie’s head covered in ants and Peter in the dream covered in ants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

lizardman posted:

The recent Poltergeist flick has one of the more odd and conspicuous forms of product placement I've seen: when the main character mentions he's been laid off from his job, he says explicitly that he was working for the John Deere company and there's a dialog exchange about how it's too bad because it's such a great company and they make excellent products you can depend on for years. It really sticks out because it almost comes off as exposition - most movies wouldn't even bother to go into detail about where the character works unless it was going to pay off or otherwise be significant in some way, but nope, it's really just there to talk about how Poltergeist was brought to you in part by John DeereTM: Nothing Runs Like a Deere.

I want to say there were multiple instances of this happening in the movie, which might not actually be true now that I think of it, but it definitely says something about how noticeable it was that it felt like it happened multiple times.

I understand they probably wanted to compensate for having their sponsor lay off their main character and set the events of this horror flick into motion, but maybe they could've just had a shot of someone mowing their lawn with one of John Deere's fine products? Or hell, get creative with it and have them uproot that evil possessed tree with a John Deere tractor or something.

I’m imagining a worst case scenario of the Evil Dear remake where the chainsaw remains inexplicably clean and the Stihl logo is faced out the entire time

I know it’s a Homelite, don’t @ me

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

lizardman posted:

In the 1989 movie The Wizard, a trio of runaway kids is about to get caught by a guy trying to return them to their parents, the girl in the group prevents this by screaming in a public place and hollering "he touched my breast!" The innocent man is kicked off the property by security.

Later, this same man is stopped in traffic by a group of truckers, friends of the young female character. The truckers approach him menacingly, one of them says, "So, you touched her breast, eh?" And punches the innocent man in the face.

This is all supposed to be hilarious and fun!

I mean it would be a lot more disturbing if they were just like “meh boys will be boys”