Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wild Beasts (1984). Just... the entire goddamn movie. It's about zoo animals on PCP terrorizing a German city and a guy who looks like Tom Selleck's sex offender brother having to stop them. It also has inexplicable child nudity and lots and lots of unsimulated animal cruelty.

It's one of the absolute most loving buckwild things I have ever seen, and even though it's a thoroughly unpleasant movie I've gotta recommend it because it's seriously a "see it to believe it" case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I honestly have some questions there too. I have a feeling that it's a similar situation to the 60s Romeo and Juliet movie, where it being in the context of a narrative film with at least intended artistic merit makes it legal. The problem is that Wild Beasts is a pile of poo poo and would almost certainly not hold up in court on these grounds.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gavok posted:

That whole thing with Beavis and Butt-head's dads from Do America was pretty weird in retrospect based on how pointless it is and how it's immediately forgotten about.

i mean, that's :thejoke:

it's incredibly, incredibly obvious that the two are B&B's dads but they're too utterly thick to figure it out so it goes unremarked on

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, from what I gather You Don't Mess With the Zohan basically undid Glitter and made her famous again. It may be stupid and anti-cinematic, but it apparently did exactly what it was meant to. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheCool69 posted:

Hold up.. can Someone explain the Enemy thing to me??? I watched the clip and read wiki and still dont get it?

It's not really something that you can explain concisely. The spider is a visual metaphor showing up throughout the movie representing Gyllenhaal's paranoia and fear of women.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Basebf555 posted:

You've just explained it extremely concisely.

I mean, I gave the most direct explanation possible, but I don't feel like it's an overly complete one. :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

nesamdoom posted:

Wait, what... Something I ate... the gently caress... It was bad enough he got taken out rather easily but just acts like it wasn't even a thing worth talking about.. Brilliant.

Pieces is loving amazing and you need to watch it if you haven't already.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Serious" cartoon movies weren't a thing in the 80s, it was done for the same reason everyone makes friends later over Weird Al's Dare to be Stupid: to remind kids that it was a cartoon and that no one was actually hurt in the lead up to them killing off Optimus Prime. It's condescending and dumb but it was done with reasonably good intentions.

to be honest, it's entirely likely the MPAA or the studio forced that bit in because the scene was "too dark" otherwise, rather than it really being anything the writers or animators did willingly. The Land Before Time got hosed with similarly; the scene with the random old dinosaur Littlefoot talks to after his mom dies was something the studio forced Don Bluth to add, because test screenings went horribly and child psychologists were leaning on them pretty hard.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah uh :wtc: that's insanely hosed up for the kind of movie I thought Hotel Artemis was.

I wonder if they figured Charlie Day was kind of an Andy Dick-esque "unlikable rear end in a top hat" actor who people would want to see that happen to; it doesn't really make a ton of sense from any other perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

nemesis_hub posted:

The scene in Legendary Weapons of China where a guy rips his own dick off with sufficient force to send him back flipping through the air is my WTF moment of the day.

Shaw Bros movies tend to have a weird amount of hilarious cock trauma. The guy who gets stabbed in the taint in 5 Element Ninjas and just keeps fighting even with his colon hanging out the wound is my hero.