Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Pancakes. Followed by a karate demonstration.

Thanks, Eli Roth.

Gavok posted:

That random Holocaust shout-out in Monster Squad. I get what they were going for, but it's such a strange little moment that is never brought up ever again.

That’s a good one.

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

muscles like this! posted:

That scene in Wild Wild West where Will Smith is fighting the steam powered cyborg guy and he can't beat him and then the cyborg just kind of... dies?

People always forget about the third-act Frankenstein in that flick.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The nightvision chase from the 2002 Rollerball remake. Especially the sound cue at :49.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Dfi-b-qns

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

The Matrix: Reloaded bowling pin scene takes the cake for me.

You know what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLXaRtc1f4I

@ the 5:16 mark

The second movie in a hard sci-fi, wire-fu, slow-mo explosion fest of a franchise decides to take a 180 from it's mood and plays a cartoon effect for laughs.

Something that isn't done in the series before or after- because it's jarring and silly.

Why not just add a loving laugh track?

Inexplicable.

My headcannon for putting that scene together is something like this.

*Keanu watches dailies* "Hey guys the grueling fight scene where I did all my own stuntwork in has a loonytoons sound track at the end, is this a joke?"

*Wachowski siblings look up from slather lipstick on eachother* "There is no joke. We are reality, Keanu."

*Keanu walks off, crestfallen and defeated, to sit on a bench*

I’ve said it before, but Reloaded is the Wachowskis letting their comic book logic freak flag fly.

See also the upgraded Agents being physically represented as such by being played by literal bodybuilders, as opposed to the meek, nondescript bureaucrat-types of the first film.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Vakal posted:

The opening to the original Tomb Raider movie where Angelina Jolie fights against a giant killer robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9f-wgBXJ2E

When I first saw this I thought for sure it was going to be revealed to be a VR simulation as a nod to the video game series, but no, her nerdy assistant created it just for her to practice with. This wouldn't be a problem if it was shown that in the movie's world that this level of technology existed elsewhere.

It's a super weird Chekov's Gun thing in that it doesn't really factor into the rest of the movie either. There's a scene later on where some baddies break into her house, and unless i'm remembering it incorrectly, the robot isn't even used as a defense measure in the scene or anything.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

FreudianSlippers posted:

He's rich. He probably just made a couple of phonecalls and was on the next plane to the US from vaguely Middle Eastern prison country.

Yeah, I mean who can say how many times Eric Trump has been airlifted out of the mountains of Pakistan because he got catastrophically lost on a Yacht trip.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh man, you could just basically rename this entire thread “Gummo Moments In Movies,” and still convey the intent of what it’s supposed to be.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

One of my favorite things about Gummo is that Werner Herzeg loves it, because that makes total sense:

“When I saw a piece of fried bacon fixed to the bathroom wall in Gummo, it knocked me off my chair. [Korine's] a very clear voice of a generation of filmmakers that is taking a new position. It's not going to dominate world cinema, but so what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The lesson to be learned from The Wizard is the same to be learned from any live action children's movie from the eighties: we were all lucky to make it out of the decade alive.